bush takes a hard one from bi-partisan house

Steve

Enjoying life!
Sparx said:
Open Your Effing Eyes People...you're On A Losing Side And Again Using Insults And Spin To Try To Defend Your Presidents Let The Rich Get Richer And Screw The Little Guy Policies.

In all seriousness Sparx, and mud-slinging aside, what would you suggest we open up our eyes to see? What are we missing that you seem to see quite clearly? "Rich get richer and screw the little guy policies." that is what you believe to be occurring, correct? How so?

B

Bruzilla

I never thought I would see the day when folks making $100,000+ per year were poor "little guys." Weren't these same people the dreaded "THE WEALTHY" earlier this year?

Steve

Enjoying life!
Overtime compensation (time and a half) is designed to protect those workers who would otherwise be forced by their employers to work beyond 40 hours a week, or face losing their jobs. Its an economic "checks and balances" procedure to keep business owners from working their employees to death, what you would typically see in low wage service-oriented positions.

Bush's plan eliminated the overtime compensation for those that make good wages, to put more money into business development, hence fueling the economy.

What no one has pointed out is that overtime compensation (time and a half) does not eliminate straight time compensation. For example, if I earn $50 an hour (100K income threshhold), and I don't get the time-and-a-half, I'm still making $50 an hour for working overtime!! But if I'm making minimum wage, shouldn't I be compensated for working above the 40 threshhold? That was Bush's intent.

Something about this whole thing doesn't make sense anyway, because the low wage earners were numbered at 384,000 and the highs at 6 million. Last time I checked, there were some 130 million workers in the US. Do the rest make up the "gray" area?

Toxick

Splat
Bruzilla said:
I never thought I would see the day when folks making $100,000+ per year were poor "little guys." Weren't these same people the dreaded "THE WEALTHY" earlier this year?

Hey - whatever is more convenient at the time.

The past is past, and anything said in the past is irrelavent, and anyone who says different is an EVIL REPUBLICAN MUDSLINGER! Just like the Clinton years.