buying a used car... tips?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Ken King
Before buying a used vehicle make sure they let you test-drive it and while doing that take it by for a mechanic to give it the once over. I also recommend that you have your mechanic do the safety inspection. Sometimes these roadside used car dealers have a means other than the inspection of obtaining the documents. Regardless of the type of vehicle I will never buy a used one that hasn’t been inspected by my mechanic first.

If I take the vehicle for a test drive and I'm gone for an hour, wouldn't the dealer kinda wonder where his car went?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by sleuth14
If I take the vehicle for a test drive and I'm gone for an hour, wouldn't the dealer kinda wonder where his car went?

Not that I have anything nice to say about Ken Dixon but they let me have two of their cars overnight.

Go for a Tundra!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by sleuth14
I've had dealers let me keep them for a weekend before, overnight most of the time and usually were interested in making the sell. If they won't let you take it to check it out, look elsewhere.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Not that I have anything nice to say about Ken Dixon but they let me have two of their cars overnight.

Go for a Tundra!

I like the recent years' Tundra models, but they're out of my price range. :sad:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'