Bye Bye Trees

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That big grove of tree next to Taxiway Alpha & Millstone are almost all gone now.

:frown:

Attachments

• The_Lorax_640.jpg
    The_Lorax_640.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 141

mamatutu

mama to two
That big grove of tree next to Taxiway Alpha & Millstone are almost all gone now.

:frown:

Your thread title reminded me of Goodnight Moon. Hopefully, that is not the next thing to disapear. It is sad to see forests and trees disappear. I think about that when I see a parcel of land being cleared for progress; like subdivisions, utility lines, or the like. It is inevitable, but still sad.

acommondisaster

Sad to hear. When it comes to trees, I'm kind of a hugger. I have never understood the scorched earth method of building "neighborhoods". When we lived in Waldorf, we got new neighbors, fresh from DC. The first thing they did was cut down all of the beautiful maples in the backyard and left everything they'd cut down right where it fell. The new neighbor explained to my husband that they did it because "birds like to live in the brush".

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Sad to hear. When it comes to trees, I'm kind of a hugger. I have never understood the scorched earth method of building "neighborhoods". When we lived in Waldorf, we got new neighbors, fresh from DC. The first thing they did was cut down all of the beautiful maples in the backyard and left everything they'd cut down right where it fell. The new neighbor explained to my husband that they did it because "birds like to live in the brush".

:doh: