Cafe des Artistes is going to be Dos Amigos.

black dog

Free America
Most of the mexican food you get in the US is what a construction worker in mexico would stick in his lunchbox. Yes, it's mexican, but it only represents a small slice of what the country has to offer. It's like judging 'american cuisine' after you have been to Burger King and KFC.

Most Mexican here is missing cheap hotdogs boiled potatoes and scrambled eggs in your fajitas.

And a sh!tload of hot sauce.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Dos Amigos did not open for the bar crawl do to failed health inspection. Imagine.....

You know you have a class act when they can't pass the health inspection out of the gate.
Just think how bad the place will be after they actually cook in it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You know you have a class act when they can't pass the health inspection out of the gate.

How bad did the previous establishment leave it?

BernieP

Resident PIA
How bad did the previous establishment leave it?

But they've had time, without being open, to clean and make repairs.
That's my point. The place was vacant, they should have known what they were getting into and been prepared.
What does it say to you that they couldn't get it done. What are they going to do when they are open for business?

I would be hard pressed to say that. Maybe something stupid was overlooked due to non-experience, or maybe a real cranky inspector. I'll reserve judgement.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
But they've had time, without being open, to clean and make repairs.
That's my point. The place was vacant, they should have known what they were getting into and been prepared.
What does it say to you that they couldn't get it done. What are they going to do when they are open for business?

I agree. The previous tenants did a heck of a lot of cleaning and renovation, too. They were open for less than a year. Did they never keep it clean after their initial opening?

BernieP

Resident PIA
I agree. The previous tenants did a heck of a lot of cleaning and renovation, too. They were open for less than a year. Did they never keep it clean after their initial opening?

:whistle:

Does not matter what the previous tenant did or did not do. If you don't like the looks of a place, you walk away. You don't arrange for an inspection if you aren't ready.

They F'd up.

Piss Poor Management

Not a good harbinger for things to come

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:whistle:

Does not matter what the previous tenant did or did not do. If you don't like the looks of a place, you walk away. You don't arrange for an inspection if you aren't ready.

They F'd up.

Piss Poor Management

Not a good harbinger for things to come

I'm not defending them. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It might not be a cleaning issue. It could be electrical or refrigeration problems. Could be drainage.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

This could be any type of infraction. Perhaps some structural issue and not necessarily a cleaning problem.

tipsymcgee

This could be any type of infraction. Perhaps some structural issue and not necessarily a cleaning problem.

Have to remember this is an old, old building. Sometimes a business can be almost "grandfathered" in, but when tenants change hands all kinds of little things have to be brought up to code. Could be something as simple as having the new "open" sink drain or grease traps, having plastic light covers over fluorescent tubes, commercial equipment. No way to tell. Having dealt with the HD, one inspector is very different from another and can make life a pain over what amount to small potatoes. They give you a list and say they'll be back in 2 weeks.