California May Be Coming for You

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not real knowledgeable about this tax stuff, so I may be way off base, but couldn't all those M&Ps just quit doing business in California?

They don't do business in CA. They sell their products on Amazon, and Amazon warehouses some of it in CA. So the CA shakedown artists at the tax office are trying to say that this means they are doing business in CA.

It's crap and just one more reason why we should kick that crap state out of our union.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

No State can exercise its will upon a resident, or "person", of another State. California's law applies only to "persons" within California.

Hijinx

Ask any lawyer and they would prefer to sue the big corporations because they are collectable...Mom & Pop Inc. are much less likely to be collectable. Sure, you sue Mom & Pop Inc. and they might not be able to fight it as hard as Amazon, but if (or when) they lose, there's not going to be much to collect. If Amazon loses, they are collectable and not likely to be going out of business anytime soon...
Well lets look at it another way. If they knock off the little guy with not much money to fight them
they set the precedent, and then they go after the big guy.

BOP

California used to be such a beautiful state, back before the New York liberals (gibme da free sh*t) invaded back in the mid-70s. Hashtag-sad.