Call to 911 from Teen Saying He Shot His Mother and Would Shoot Police Ends up Being a “Swatting”

Kyle

Just being a fly in the ointment...
PREMO Member
Someone should get hurt. the azzhat who called it in. They should pay for every dime spent on the response, and they should pay a reasonable amount of pain and suffering money to the family they swatted. I'm thinking $2,000 to maybe $5,000.

And then get a proper 120 lash caning!
FIFY.

glhs837

Power with Control
I never suggested changing the fine based on income. I was saying that the same fine (penalty) will punish different income levels differently. Punishment is a perception of hurt done by a penalty. Fining an NBA player who makes $5 million a year 50K will not feel very punishing. Maybe he cancels one of his three trips to Cancun. Fining a single mom making $35K a year 50K will feel like you have ruined her life.

I am NOT suggesting that we fine the NBA player differently, simply pointing out that some people can pay for the police response and the families suffering and not really miss that money, forothers paying that off would sevelely impact thier lives.

Kyle

Just being a fly in the ointment...
PREMO Member
You seem to want to do that with a LOT of people. Cut me off in traffic... kill 'em! Doesn't like what Trump says... kill 'em! Not enough creamer in my coffee... kill 'em!
If there was a death penalty for every crime, there'd be a lot fewer criminals.

.... And yes. Especially rude traffic infractions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You seem to want to do that with a LOT of people. Cut me off in traffic... kill 'em! Doesn't like what Trump says... kill 'em! Not enough creamer in my coffee... kill 'em!
I don't take cream in my coffee.

And you either want to stop this sort of dangerous behavior or you don't.