Callaway 460 X Driver...

thurley42

HY;FR
depends on if the club is set up for you or not..your swing dictates what loft and shaft stiffness (ha ha) you need.

Find out what kind of shaft is on it....they are going online used with a Fujikura 64 shaft which is an average stiffness from 123 - 200 bucks depending on condition..

have you hit it? Does it work for you? If so and the shaft is good and the condition is excellent then yeah it's a decent deal considering you aren't paying shipping....are you?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
depends on if the club is set up for you or not..your swing dictates what loft and shaft stiffness (ha ha) you need.

Find out what kind of shaft is on it....they are going online used with a Fujikura 64 shaft which is an average stiffness from 123 - 200 bucks depending on condition..

have you hit it? Does it work for you? If so and the shaft is good and the condition is excellent then yeah it's a decent deal considering you aren't paying shipping....are you?

I swung it yesterday out at the range here on PAX, and I did buy it yesterday, it has a reg. flex shaft on it(don't remember the name, but its's in the truck right now, I'll go look here in a little while), and I could actually control my drives about 50x's better than before, I had a "biggest bertha", and it had an X-flex shaft (yes I know that's for "old" people and women :lol:) but I wasn't swinging hard, and was happy with a 175-200yd drive at the time....bought that used for like 40 bucks, so I finally got a new one, the 460. At the range yesterday I was probably averaging around 250ish with it with a very slight fade, and I was very happy and content with that.

thurley42

HY;FR
I swung it yesterday out at the range here on PAX, and I did buy it yesterday, it has a reg. flex shaft on it(don't remember the name, but its's in the truck right now, I'll go look here in a little while), and I could actually control my drives about 50x's better than before, I had a "biggest bertha", and it had an X-flex shaft (yes I know that's for "old" people and women :lol:) but I wasn't swinging hard, and was happy with a 175-200yd drive at the time....bought that used for like 40 bucks, so I finally got a new one, the 460. At the range yesterday I was probably averaging around 250ish with it with a very slight fade, and I was very happy and content with that.

that's all that matters...congrats on the new driver. :yay:

Nupe2

First time out for the year, all I've been told so far is stay in the fairway :lol:

...especially on the "British Open" holes. Watch out for the pot bunkers on the blind tee shot. :yay:

I'm looking at a Cleveland Hibore XLS draw version. Anybody swung one of those?

thurley42

HY;FR
...especially on the "British Open" holes. Watch out for the pot bunkers on the blind tee shot. :yay:

I'm looking at a Cleveland Hibore XLS draw version. Anybody swung one of those?

yeah...it's one of those courses where I go to enjoy myself, not to try and torch up the course....

Enjoy myself = only screaming a few times...

We played at Pax in the drizzle on Saturday morning and my buddy took an XLS demo model out....he seemed to like it. It wasn't the draw version....

I have a TM R7 draw Hybrid. I'm looking to get rid of it simply because the inconsistency of draw feature. When i open the face up to play it straight up sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When I play it straight up sometimes it's a gentle draw, sometimes it's a dramatic draw...

If you can get up to Golfdom in Tyson's Corner they have a sweet Swing Analyzer set up. You pay something like 15 or 20 bucks for a half an hour and they break it down to the shaft, loft you need, and have a virtual driving range that is pretty impressive. I bought my irons up there last spring and want to get up there to get a new driver. I bought a Taylor Made Burner at Mike's last spring, 9.5 loft Stiff Fujikara shaft, and it's ok, but i think i want to go to a 9.0 because I still get way too much air under my ball. I might put my driver up on somd.com if anyone is looking for one, i bought it brand new for 399 and i'll probably get rid of it for 175-200

Nupe2

yeah...it's one of those courses where I go to enjoy myself, not to try and torch up the course....

Enjoy myself = only screaming a few times...

We played at Pax in the drizzle on Saturday morning and my buddy took an XLS demo model out....he seemed to like it. It wasn't the draw version....

I have a TM R7 draw Hybrid. I'm looking to get rid of it simply because the inconsistency of draw feature. When i open the face up to play it straight up sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When I play it straight up sometimes it's a gentle draw, sometimes it's a dramatic draw...

If you can get up to Golfdom in Tyson's Corner they have a sweet Swing Analyzer set up. You pay something like 15 or 20 bucks for a half an hour and they break it down to the shaft, loft you need, and have a virtual driving range that is pretty impressive. I bought my irons up there last spring and want to get up there to get a new driver. I bought a Taylor Made Burner at Mike's last spring, 9.5 loft Stiff Fujikara shaft, and it's ok, but i think i want to go to a 9.0 because I still get way too much air under my ball. I might put my driver up on somd.com if anyone is looking for one, i bought it brand new for 399 and i'll probably get rid of it for 175-200

Golfdom sounds like a good idea for a Saturday trip. Thanks for the tip. I have Mizuno MX25 irons that I had fitted and they are great. I think I need to do the same for the next driver. My current driver is a Ping G2 that I bought at Second Swing (now Mike's) in Waldorf and I have fought a severe fade/slice with that ever since I bought it a couple of years ago (notwithstanding the monster DUCK HOOK into the water at last year's SOMD open -- ask Pete, Air or Kom). I think it is a little too open for me so maybe a properly fitted draw or neutral driver might help straighten me out.

Thanks again for the tip! :yay:

Otter

Nothing to see here
(notwithstanding the monster DUCK HOOK into the water at last year's SOMD open -- ask Pete, Air or Kom).

Not to be confused with the the grass burner shot, seeking water shot or the wtf was that shot.

Nupe2

Not to be confused with the the grass burner shot, seeking water shot or the wtf was that shot.

.....which pretty much describes all shots hit by the foursome at any given time....actually Otter was there, not Air! (oops) Sorry for the omission. :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
New for '08 is my :eek:tterslice: :ohwell: BUT it only manifests itself with my driver. I was contemplating the purchase of an R7 Draw or even the SuperQuad but I think that the problem may be the weak grip I use on my driver vs. the stronger one with everything else in the bag.

I have 1 month before MB so I hope I can get it straight (pun sort of intended) before then. I'll go and bash a bucket sometime next week to see if my theory is correct.