Calling all Hunter/Equitation Riders!!!!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
What kind of classes and divisions would you like to see in a Winter Schooling Series. With gas prices on the rise wouldn't it be nice to have shows close by with quality judges and well run shows. :yahoo:

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you'd like be to e-mail you a survey.

Also would anyone be interested in a Hunter/Jumper/Equitation clinic in the Southern Maryland area this fall.

If any of you have prize list of Schooling or Local shows that you've liked please PM or post them. :howdy:

Sparks

How's this for short and sweet. Just add a pony division or two and maybe a long stirrup in the beginning and you're done!

THIS IS FROM A FRYING PAN PARK EVENING SCHOOLING SHOW.

Short Stirrup Hunter Classes - Open to riders 12 and under. To be judged 100% on Horse.
May not jump higher than 2' at this show.
Martingales permitted
1. Walk, Trot
2. Walk, Trot, Canter
3. Walk, Trot Canter. 2 jumps at 18"

Pleasure Classes - Open to all. No Martingales
4. Walk Trot
5. Walk, Trot, Canter
6. Walk, Trot, Canter. 2 jumps at 18"

2’ Hunter Division
7. 2' Hunter O/Fences
8. 2' Hunter O/Fences
9. 2' Hunter U/Saddle

2’3” Hunter Division
10. 2’3” Hunter O/Fences
11. 2’3” Hunter O/Fences
12. 2’3” Hunter U/Saddle
13. 2’6” Warm up

14. Justin Hise Hunter Classic
See Rules

2’6” Hunter Division
15. 2'6" Hunter O/Fences
16. 2'6" Hunter O/Fences
17. 2'6" Hunter U/Saddle

3’ Hunter Division
18. 3' Hunter O/Fences
19. 3' Hunter O/Fences
20. 3' Hunter U/Saddle

Last edited:

Sparks

I noticed something at a VA schooling show recently. They had the U/S class before the jumping. I think that's a great idea as it would eliminate the need to get in the ring and school before your O/F classes for some.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I would go if there were fall schooling shows. I will show in the heat, but itis not my favorite thing in the world to do.

My available time for clinics is pretty limited. I will be taking 2 classes in the fall along with working FT.

Duckz

What kind of classes and divisions would you like to see in a Winter Schooling Series. With gas prices on the rise wouldn't it be nice to have shows close by with quality judges and well run shows. :yahoo:

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you'd like be to e-mail you a survey.

Also would anyone be interested in a Hunter/Jumper/Equitation clinic in the Southern Maryland area this fall.

If any of you have prize list of Schooling or Local shows that you've liked please PM or post them. :howdy:

This is from Whitestone Farm near Fredericksburg, VA. Whitestone Farm 2008 Hunter Show SeriesTime Schedule The show ran until after 8:00 though, so maybe cut out a few of those hunter divisions and the California warmup :whistle: I'll PM you my email, BZ :howdy: Definitely interested in a clinic this fall!

Show Ring

6:00 - 8:00 a.m. - Ring Open for Schooling
8:00-8:30 a.m- Ring Closed for Dragging
8:30-8:45 a.m.- Short Stirrup schooling ONLY
8:45 a.m.

Short Stirrup W/T
Short Stirrup W/T/C
Short Stirrup O/F @ 18”
Student Eq. W/T
Student Eq. W/T/C
Student Eq. O/F @ 2’
Pleasure Pony W/T
Pleasure Pony Go As You Please
Pleasure Pony W/T/C
CALIFORNIA WARM-UP
Green Pony U/S
Green Pony O/F @ 2’, 2’3”, 2’6”
Green Pony O/F
WF/VHSA Assoc./BHSA Pony Equitation O/F 2’, 2’3”, 2’6”
Pony Hunter U/S
Pony Hunter O/F @ 2’,2’3”, 2’6”
Pony Hunter O/F
VHSA Pony Medal 2’3”,2’6”, 3’

*Best Turned Out Pony
*Best Child Rider on a Pony

*Schooling Break* *20 MINUTES*

Schooling Ring - Open for schooling all afternoon

Show Ring
(REMAINING CLASSES NOT TO START BEFORE 11:00 A.M.)

Pleasure Horse W/T
Pleasure Horse Go As You Please
Pleasure Horse – W/T/C
Maiden Hunter U/S
Maiden Hunter O/F 2’
Maiden Hunter O/F
Green Hunter U/S
Green Hunter O/F 2’6”
Green Hunter O/F
Low Hunter U/S
Low Hunter O/F 2’ or 2’6”
Low Hunter O/F
Working Hunter U/S
Working Hunter O/F 2’9” or 3’
Working Hunter O/F
VHSA Children’s Medal 3’
VHSA Adult Amateur Medal 3’
WF/VHSAAssoc./BHSA Children’s/Adult Amateur Equitation O/F 2’6” or 3’
Children’s/Adult Amateur U/S
Children’s/Adult Amateur O/F 2’6 or 3’
Children’s/Adult Amateur O/F

*Best Child Rider on Horse
*Best Adult Amateur
*Best Turned Out Horse

BZHorseMomE

Where are all the Western shows??:shrug:-I know, I know, wrong thread :lmao:

I'm sure with all the quality Western Horses in the Southern Maryland area and some of the really nice farms down her you could get a nice Western Winter Series going. :yahoo:

My Mom runs into the same problem up in Howard County. We grew up doing the hunters, but when all of us kids were gone she started to ride Western Pleasure. She can't find a good Western Schooling Series without having to drive a distance. Even then she only has 1 or 2 classes that she can go in.:otter:

BZHorseMomE

Here is a copy of Caves Farms Winter Schooling Shows from last year. All they need is a Low Hunter Division at 2'3"

Hunter Schooling Show
Schooling – 6:30am - 7:30am
Show Begins at 8:00am
1. Short Stirrup W, T
2. Short Stirrup W, T, C
3. Short Stirrup O/F 18”
4. Easy Does It Hunter 18”
5. Easy Does It Hunter 18”
6. Easy Does It Hunter W, T, C
7. Pony Hunter 2’
8. Pony Hunter 2’
9. Pony Hunter U/S
10. Pony Hunter 2’6”
11. Pony Hunter 2’6”
12. Pony Hunter U/S
SCHOOLING BREAK FOR HORSES
13. Hopeful Hunter O/F 2’
14. Hopeful Hunter O/F 2’
15. Hopeful Hunter U/S
16. Schooling Hunter O/F 2’6”
17. Schooling Hunter O/F 2’6”
18. Schooling Hunter U/S
19. Child/Adult Hunter O/F 2’6” or 3’
20. Child/Adult Hunter O/F 2’6” or 3’
21. Child/Adult Hunter U/S
22. Open Hunter O/F 3’
23. Open Hunter O/F 3’
24. Open Hunter U/S.
* Short Stirrup Division: Open to children 10 years of age and
under. To be judged on manners and suitability of mount to
rider 50% and equitation of rider 50%.
* Easy Does It Hunter: Open to all riders. To be judged on
manners, performance, suitability, and soundness. May trot
or canter fences. Fences 18”.
* Pony Hunter: Open to all ponies. Ponies may be ridden by
child, adult, and/or professional. To be judged on manners,
suitability, and soundness.
* Hopeful Hunter: Open to all horses and ponies. To be
judged on manners, suitability, and soundness. Fences 2’.
* Schooling Hunter: Open to all horses. To be judged on
manners, suitability, and soundness. Fences 2’6”.
* Child/Adult Hunter: Open to all nonprofessional riders of
any age. Will be split under 18 and over 18 if more than 25
riders. To be judged on manners, suitability, and soundness.
Riders may choose fences 2’6” or 3’.
* Open Hunter: Open to all horses and riders. To be judged
on manners, suitability, and soundness. Fences 3’

BZHorseMomE

I noticed something at a VA schooling show recently. They had the U/S class before the jumping. I think that's a great idea as it would eliminate the need to get in the ring and school before your O/F classes for some.

I know the Schooling Hunter Divsion is like that at MSA. Call me old fashion, but I like the jumping before the hack since that is the largest % of a Hunter division. Plus the Hack points only count if you go over fence.

I'd definately like to see a warm up at the beginning of the day and then around lunch time.

BZHorseMomE

make sure adults are allowed to ride ponies!!!!!

3ft equitation classes

JUMPERS TOOO

What about having Hunter Divisions where so combine horses/ponies. That way there is a large class selection

With limited daylight I don't know if Jumpers could be fit in.:whistle:

spellbound

For Equitation, I'd like to see a standard Short Stirrup division, and a division for 12 & up. We know a lot of adults don't go in Equitation but they shouldn't be excluded so they can show in with the older children.

I think it is good to set up your divisions so that you can always split them somehow if the entries warrant. Splitting either by Children/Adult or Pony/Horse would make most sense to me.

Probably better to start with few classes because the first show of a new series ALWAYS has a small turnout of exhibitors.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I have several youngsters that I would like to show in a schooling hunter US classes. WT and WTC. Most of ours are 2 and 3yr olds, so not much for OF stuff....yet! (gimme 1 more year and we'll have some ready!)

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Now that I have a horse that I can canter and a trailer. I will hopefully show more this fall/winter.

I do have to admit that if I good clinician came out I would try to make the time. Equitation is not my strong point but I do at least try.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Be careful BZ....this is exactly how I became hated by someone....:whistle: trying to better the place can get you in trouble. (the forum has been a snoozer lately) Maybe you will find a Winnie all your own.:lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Be careful BZ....this is exactly how I became hated by someone....:whistle: trying to better the place can get you in trouble. (the forum has been a snoozer lately) Maybe you will find a Winnie all your own.:lmao:

:lmao::lmao: This is definately not being posted to get any feathers ruffled, but to have Winter Schooling shows closer to home. Large Hunter Rings about the same size as PG, full Hunter courses, Rated Judges, and well run show.

Sadie you put on a great Four Show Series last Winter at Holly Point. You proved that Southern Maryland was in need of a Winter Schooling Series, local riders would support such a series, and that it could be so successful that it could run from sun up to sun down. :yahoo:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
:lmao::lmao: This is definately not being posted to get any feathers ruffled, but to have Winter Schooling shows closer to home. Large Hunter Rings about the same size as PG, full Hunter courses, Rated Judges, and well run show.

Sadie you put on a great Four Show Series last Winter at Holly Point. You proved that Southern Maryland was in need of a Winter Schooling Series, local riders would support such a series, and that it could be so successful that it could run from sun up to sun down. :yahoo:

:moon::buttkiss:Trying to take my place I see....:evil::jerry: