Calling all Hunter/Equitation Riders!!!!

Sparks

Here is a copy of Caves Farms Winter Schooling Shows from last year. All they need is a Low Hunter Division at 2'3"

Hunter Schooling Show
Schooling – 6:30am - 7:30am
Show Begins at 8:00am
1. Short Stirrup W, T
2. Short Stirrup W, T, C
3. Short Stirrup O/F 18”
4. Easy Does It Hunter 18”
5. Easy Does It Hunter 18”
6. Easy Does It Hunter W, T, C
7. Pony Hunter 2’
8. Pony Hunter 2’
9. Pony Hunter U/S
10. Pony Hunter 2’6”
11. Pony Hunter 2’6”
12. Pony Hunter U/S
SCHOOLING BREAK FOR HORSES
13. Hopeful Hunter O/F 2’
14. Hopeful Hunter O/F 2’
15. Hopeful Hunter U/S
16. Schooling Hunter O/F 2’6”
17. Schooling Hunter O/F 2’6”
18. Schooling Hunter U/S
19. Child/Adult Hunter O/F 2’6” or 3’
20. Child/Adult Hunter O/F 2’6” or 3’
21. Child/Adult Hunter U/S
22. Open Hunter O/F 3’
23. Open Hunter O/F 3’
24. Open Hunter U/S.
* Short Stirrup Division: Open to children 10 years of age and
under. To be judged on manners and suitability of mount to
rider 50% and equitation of rider 50%.
* Easy Does It Hunter: Open to all riders. To be judged on
manners, performance, suitability, and soundness. May trot
or canter fences. Fences 18”.
* Pony Hunter: Open to all ponies. Ponies may be ridden by
child, adult, and/or professional. To be judged on manners,
suitability, and soundness.
* Hopeful Hunter: Open to all horses and ponies. To be
judged on manners, suitability, and soundness. Fences 2’.
* Schooling Hunter: Open to all horses. To be judged on
manners, suitability, and soundness. Fences 2’6”.
* Child/Adult Hunter: Open to all nonprofessional riders of
any age. Will be split under 18 and over 18 if more than 25
riders. To be judged on manners, suitability, and soundness.
Riders may choose fences 2’6” or 3’.
* Open Hunter: Open to all horses and riders. To be judged
on manners, suitability, and soundness. Fences 3’

I think caves has a very well thought out prize list. Classes for all levels are included. They have such nice shows too.

Another thing to consider for winter shows is weather - will you cancel or reschedule? What about parking? Is there adequate parking and what if it's wet or muddy outside?

Last edited:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I would really enjoy a show where you can somehow cross enter in W/T and WTC. My boy has a little issue with horses cantering up behind him and he flips. hes good at home but when we get to a show its completely different. He's still green but then again not green.. very confusing. ha

It would also be nice to have like a WT warm up class in the morning then you can still enter into WTC classes later instead of only being able to do one or the other.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I would really enjoy a show where you can somehow cross enter in W/T and WTC. My boy has a little issue with horses cantering up behind him and he flips. hes good at home but when we get to a show its completely different. He's still green but then again not green.. very confusing. ha

It would also be nice to have like a WT warm up class in the morning then you can still enter into WTC classes later instead of only being able to do one or the other.

He will get better the more shows that you go to.

I agree with Bliss, because I like W/T class to ditch the show nerves so that I can focus my attention on the canter class later in the day. I just need one W/T class to lose the show nerves.

Sparks

I agree with Bliss, because I like W/T class to ditch the show nerves so that I can focus my attention on the canter class later in the day. I just need one W/T class to lose the show nerves.

Perhaps they could add a pleasure division - all flat - before the schooling break.

Last edited:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)

That exactly what I was thinking. and you can see how much of a turd they're going to be and it gives them a chance to see the arena and whatnot. I just think it's a good idea for people with younger horses that aren't green.

He is getting better at the other horses. That's why I'm taking him to AMIT this weekend to get him out that's all he needs, just more miles on him

FrmGrl

Get some!
I like how they have a division for us "older" people who are not quite jumping 2' yet. I also like to have a pleasure class to test out how much of a pain my horse will likely to be.

IntegritysDream

I LOVE va shows because they have the student eq, which only jumps 2ft (hard to find around here) and then they have the pony pleasure which is all flat classes. Since indy has pre-navicular, i wont be jumping him to much anymore, but would still like to go to some hunter shows, so the pony pleasure classes where its all flat, would be great! Hazelwild Farm in Fredericksburg has pretty much the same layout as whitestone, only they have an indoor series as well, and its REALLY laid back.