Calvert cliffs trout fishing 3/18

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I hit the pond first thing in the morning. It felt like we reverted back to January temperatures. It was at or near freezing. It was so cold my rod guides were often plugged with ice. It was difficult to stay motivated. I got 5 trout in about an hour and a half. 4 were caught fly fishing and the last 1 hit a super duper spoon. These fish were much better size than the ones caught up in Hughesville. It was nice to watch the sun come up while being on the water. Tomorrow isn't looking much warmer than today. Hopefully there will still be a few fish left until the weekend.

DSCF7374.jpg

t1.jpg

t3.jpg

Frozen guides
t2.jpg

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I took my two youngest there and we did not have any luck. Started with crickets. Guy named Doug was catching them left and right on artificial trout bait. He gave me some but we still did not have any luck. Spent a little over an hour there but with the rain and cold, the kids were ready to go home. I will go back though.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Try to go the day after they stock. Velveeta cheese balls, worms, powerbait, canned corn and mini marshmallows all are good bait. Lures and flies will also do the trick. Crickets are a better bait for panfish. Try them later in the year when the water heats up a bit.