Calvert Co. Schools schedule for Inauguration Day

BOP

Actually, I'm fine.

I think the problem is with all you people who are :cds: over kids getting a day off to witness The 56th Presidential Inauguration.

Missing a few inaugurations?

I'm old, it's early, but I count 79 inaugurations so far, not 55.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Missing a few inaugurations?

I'm old, it's early, but I count 79 inaugurations so far, not 55.

Actually, there have been 70. This includes cases when a President was sworn-in twice like Reagan in 1985 was sworn twice, once on Sunday and once on Monday. Also, Aurthor was sworn-in twice.

Xaquin44

Please explain to me what purpose it serves to give the kids the day off? What exactly do you think these kids are going to be doing? Glued to their TV sets watching the inauguration?

Please! :rolleyes:

(they already had the day off .... they just shifted it from friday to monday)

(edit: I meant tuesday)

Last edited:

nrp82smr

I think we should treat every Inauguration day as a holiday for schools etc.. i mean it is an impartant day...

Although i must admit i have off either way since i work in a federal building directly on the parade route in DC, so we always have off

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
(they already had the day off .... they just shifted it from friday to monday)

(edit: I meant tuesday)

CORRECTION: Calvert had a day off on February 13th. They (students) will now have to attend school on that day. As this is a change to the original school calendar disseminated to the students & families in August, some families are upset that they must now re-arrange vacation/hotel plans for the February date. I believe it was another Southern Maryland county who moved the day from Friday to Tuesday (Charles or St. Mary's, not sure which).

Xaquin44

CORRECTION: Calvert had a day off on February 13th. They (students) will now have to attend school on that day. As this is a change to the original school calendar disseminated to the students & families in August, some families are upset that they must now re-arrange vacation/hotel plans for the February date. I believe it was another Southern Maryland county who moved the day from Friday to Tuesday (Charles or St. Mary's, not sure which).

aw gee .... and only two months to reschedule one day =(

oh well.

edit: and it's still the same number of days in and out of school.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
aw gee .... and only two months to reschedule one day =(

oh well.

edit: and it's still the same number of days in and out of school.

Yes, it is the same number of days and I personally am not upset about the switch as I'd just go anyway and keep my kid out of school for that day.

Considering the potential traffic issues, even as far out as Calvert county if what I'm hearing about hotels is true, I don't have a problem with the decision. I would feel better about it if I could have confidence that the same thing would have been done had we been inaugurating a team with the first first female Vice-President but I SO don't want to go there in this thread as it's been done to death already.

(edited for spelling error)

BOP

Actually, there have been 70. This includes cases when a President was sworn-in twice like Reagan in 1985 was sworn twice, once on Sunday and once on Monday. Also, Aurthor was sworn-in twice.

I've never been good at math, but I was pretty sure there were more than Andy was reporting (double and triple).

Unless this one counts as a coronation instead of an inaugaration.