Camel crickets

black dog

Free America
at first I was only finding the back halves of these things :lol: apparenty the cat enjoyed the heads. For the first month or so living there I'd come across these cricket legs attached to...MORE legs and think, "WHAT FRESH HELL HAVE I MOVED IN TO" :lmao:

Whatever you do, don't put a paper bag on your head and spin around six times in front of a mirror saying cricket legs, cricket legs, cricket legs, cricket legs, cricket legs..

PeoplesElbow

They generally live in crawl spaces and like the dark. They usually come up into houses at night when the lights are out and wander around.

Because they like confined dark spaces if you use the fordable glue traps they will usually walk right into them and get stuck. They also eat damn near anything, I had a cardboard sign in my storage room, I went to get it out one day and I found they ate half of the shiny layer that had the wording on it. They really like paper, cloth, etc.

Best places to put the glue traps are in places where they can get out of the crawl space and into the house such as near furnace registers, plumbing etc.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Whatever you do, don't put a paper bag on your head and spin around six times in front of a mirror saying cricket legs, cricket legs, cricket legs, cricket legs, cricket legs..

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They generally live in crawl spaces and like the dark. They usually come up into houses at night when the lights are out and wander around.

Because they like confined dark spaces if you use the fordable glue traps they will usually walk right into them and get stuck. They also eat damn near anything, I had a cardboard sign in my storage room, I went to get it out one day and I found they ate half of the shiny layer that had the wording on it. They really like paper, cloth, etc.

Best places to put the glue traps are in places where they can get out of the crawl space and into the house such as near furnace registers, plumbing etc.

No crawl space as the townhouse is built on a slab. Like I said, the closet underneath the stairs housing the hot water heater seems to be their homeland. I am planning on getting some glue traps this weekend and see if that gets rid of the bastages.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No crawl space as the townhouse is built on a slab. Like I said, the closet underneath the stairs housing the hot water heater seems to be their homeland. I am planning on getting some glue traps this weekend and see if that gets rid of the bastages.

Don't discount the Tarantula too quickly.

Think of it as a Roomba with eight legs.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Just an update. I bought the sticky traps at Lowe's :jet: and have staged them at various places in the house: the closet with the hot water heater, the kitchen, and the living room. They work great but I am surprised how many of the creepy effers there are. :yikes: :jameo: I also put some in the attached shed but am kind of afraid to see the carnage in there. :lol:

PeoplesElbow

Just an update. I bought the sticky traps at Lowe's :jet: and have staged them at various places in the house: the closet with the hot water heater, the kitchen, and the living room. They work great but I am surprised how many of the creepy effers there are. :yikes: :jameo: I also put some in the attached shed but am kind of afraid to see the carnage in there. :lol:

When I use to put sticky traps in the shed and garage I always caught mice, lizards, and baby snakes..... those stink pretty soon after they die.

I was able to catch the snakes still alive, a little cooking oil gets them off.

gemma_rae

Thank your lucky stars you don't have these things.

norris-spider-maniacs3-2000[1].jpg

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So after putting out fresh sticky traps and not catching anything for awhile ...I saw an itty-bitty one...then two...three...

The next generation has hatched. :banghead:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
They like the warmth of the heater. I had a hot tub outside and they infested the heater and pump area. If it happens to be damp, all the better for them.

And....now I'm seriously rethinking my long-held desire for a hot tub. I hate these critters with a passion! Sticky traps work on the ones that get into the traps but don't catch them all.