Camera won't charge

CRHS89

I have a Nikon Coolpix P100, which will no longer charge the battery and therefore wont turn on. I have tried using both an AC adaptor and charging with a USB cord from the computer. I have 2 batteries and neither will charge so I don't think the battery is the problem. Before this issue started, I had noticed that my camera would go back to default settings every time I changed the battery which it did not previously do. Any ideas what the problem could be?

glhs837

Power with Control
Sometimes, it's a case of the battery contacts not making full contact, the spring or foam that holds them tight gets old and doesnt do that so well anymore. Try using thin shims of cardboard to get it to wedge tighter when installed.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I have a Nikon Coolpix P100, which will no longer charge the battery and therefore wont turn on. I have tried using both an AC adaptor and charging with a USB cord from the computer. I have 2 batteries and neither will charge so I don't think the battery is the problem. Before this issue started, I had noticed that my camera would go back to default settings every time I changed the battery which it did not previously do. Any ideas what the problem could be?

I think there may be a second battery or a capacitor inside the camera which has failed and could cause the loss of settings. I guess that could cause the camera to act like the main battery is low or uncharged.

?

..._

Google this "Nikon Coolpix P100 battery not charging"

And look at all the others having the same issue...perhaps you will find your answer there......:buddies: