Camping in the rain

Dymphna is at cub scout resident camp with our youngest son. Luckily the tents are on platforms 3' off the ground.

Camping in the rain can really suck.

Sure was relaxing last night laying in bed, in the nice dry house, listening to the rain pouring down outside.
:dye:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
We had those platform tents at Girl Scout camp. They were heavy duty and the rainy days/nights are some of my best memories.

I bet she's having more fun than you are. :lol:

Do you have the rest of the kids?

We had those platform tents at Girl Scout camp. They were heavy duty and the rainy days/nights are some of my best memories.

I bet she's having more fun than you are. :lol:

Do you have the rest of the kids?
I am sure she is having more fun than me, as a day camping in the rain, with a hole the size of a garbage can in the tent right over your bunk is better than a "perfect" day at the office.

Yes, I have the other 3.

Our regualr babysitter was unavailable for the week, but she recommended somebody. This girl is doing a GREAT job. Kids like her. She was 3 minutes early this morning (I requested that she arrive at 6:00 so I can get to work by 7:30). Kids are happy, clean and house is not trashed when I get home at 5:30, which means she is after them about cleaning up after themselves.

I hate camping... I couldn't imagine enjoying it on a 75 degree day of sunshine so I most certainly can't imagine it being anything but dreadful on a day like today...:faint:

:lol: Reminds me when I chaperoned a group of middle school kids on a week long hike/camp to Bear Mountain upstate NY. It rained the entire friggin' week. I didn't mind so much, had a good time, but boy can those kids whine.

ginwoman

Well we love camping but we have a camper with AC/heat/shower....no way would we do the tent thing. No way, no how. I guess we're "fair weather campers".

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm waiting until my in-laws give us their huge motor home with a queen size bed, shower, and full kitchen before I agree to go "camping" anywhere. :lol:

Ya'll are funny. We have been taking our kids camping (tent) every year, most years twice a year, since the eldest was JUST over 1 year old.