Camping?

Elle

Happy Camper!
I am going to American Heritage in Williamsburg, Va this week end if you want to join us.

We stayed there last month. Cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen:yay:

There is a train less than .5 mile from the campground - hubby thinks it's a zoning requirement to operate a campground you must be within so much distance of active railroad tracks.

yankee44

We stayed there last month. Cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen:yay:

There is a train less than .5 mile from the campground - hubby thinks it's a zoning requirement to operate a campground you must be within so much distance of active railroad tracks.

I have been there a few times and I dont remember a train.:confused: But I always sleep very well when we go camping I think it might have somthing to with :buddies::lmao:

Elle

Happy Camper!
I have been there a few times and I dont remember a train.:confused: But I always sleep very well when we go camping I think it might have somthing to with :buddies::lmao:

It went through every hour day or night - maybe it was just an active weekend but you couldn't miss it :lol: We still loved the campground and when we go back this summer I'm sure that's where we'll stay again.

JULZ

BFJ
I just went to Deep Creek Lake last weekend. The campground was virtually empty because it's not 'camping season' yet - but I was really happy. They only had one bathhouse open which wasn't a problem. It was nice and quiet, nature galore (deer visiting at night as well as an albino skunk). Fishing wasn't bad, boating = fun, sunshine = sunburnt!

It's a bit of a drive though - From the College Park area it took us about 3 hours to get there (then again we were hauling a boat).

We hauled a Uhaul small trailer last year and it took almost four hours from PG County last year. Lesson learned...the Nissan Xterra SUCKS at hauling!!

JMA50192

I LOVE BETHPAGE!!

The last time we were there (opening weekend) we had a little confrontation around 8:30 at night with a fellow who has a permanent site because apparently we were talking to loud and he was trying to sleep. WTF!

So the next day when his 3 dogs were barking non stop, I asked him to put his dogs up because they were were going to wake baby from nap. He looked at me like I was the a$$.

I have never had any other bad experences there except that one and we have camped there at that same particular spot many times. I think he is a new guy.....

So when we go on Memorial Day Weekend we are in a different site AWAY from adults who try to sleep at 8:30.

yankee44

I LOVE BETHPAGE!!

The last time we were there (opening weekend) we had a little confrontation around 8:30 at night with a fellow who has a permanent site because apparently we were talking to loud and he was trying to sleep. WTF!

So the next day when his 3 dogs were barking non stop, I asked him to put his dogs up because they were were going to wake baby from nap. He looked at me like I was the a$$.

I have never had any other bad experences there except that one and we have camped there at that same particular spot many times. I think he is a new guy.....

So when we go on Memorial Day Weekend we are in a different site AWAY from adults who try to sleep at 8:30.

I think all campgrounds should have their permanent sites all alone and away from us weekenders!!!

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Hagerstown KOA in october has some great halloween stuff for the kids plus a large Haunted House for those over 13yo

That looks like a pretty good one. Are motorcycles allowed? I've never done "tuding", though, is that like floating down the river acting like you are better than everyone else?

:lmao:

Sorry for the typo.... :smack: Not sure if motorcycles are allowed. We didn't take ours. And the "tuding" is the best part of the trip. The cooler even has it's own Tude!

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Low water bridge is great for tuding, canoeing and kayaks. We have been several times.
Low Water Bridge Campground

I used to go to that area 3-4 times a year and camp at a few other places around there. Across the river from the place your talking about used to be open field camping. Wide open no curfews or restrictions. Upriver 6 miles from there was another one, that was the best. I think both places have closed now. Another good one was up by Compton rapids. Then there is gooney creek... we got kicked out of there a few times and the KOA or whatever it is now:lmao:

JMA50192

I think all campgrounds should have their permanent sites all alone and away from us weekenders!!!

I totally agree! Part of their campground is. Us weekenders go to get away a throw a few back and have a good time.

Rockahock (def. needs to be older kids/adult only) is a good time. They don't care how late you are out on your golf cart as long as you are not rude to anyone and ripping through their campsite.

bcp

In My Opinion
That looks like a pretty good one. Are motorcycles allowed? I've never done "tuding", though, is that like floating down the river acting like you are better than everyone else?

:lmao:
If you have to ask, Im pretty sure I dont want you near me when I do it.
reputation and all

jsouthan

My mom goes camping quite a bit and she really likes FrontierTown in Ocean City: Frontier Town: Ocean City, Maryland Camping . I have not been, but she goes at least twice a year. She is taking us to their sister property about 15 minutes away, Fort Whaley, in July because she couldn't get into the other, but it should still be fun. Free waterpark, mini golf, close to the beach... sounds good to me!:yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
My mom goes camping quite a bit and she really likes FrontierTown in Ocean City: Frontier Town: Ocean City, Maryland Camping . I have not been, but she goes at least twice a year. She is taking us to their sister property about 15 minutes away, Fort Whaley, in July because she couldn't get into the other, but it should still be fun. Free waterpark, mini golf, close to the beach... sounds good to me!:yay:
Someone told me they went bankrupt a few months ago....

JMA50192

I doubt it...........

They are one of the most popular campgrounds there.

BTW, What's everyone doing for Memorial Day Weekend?

Last edited:

yankee44

I doubt it...........

They are one of the most popular campgrounds there.

BTW, What's everyone doing for Memorial Day Weekend?

Camping somewhere in Va. I cant remember. I think it is Harrisonburg?
All I know is a bunch of are going.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
I used to go to that area 3-4 times a year and camp at a few other places around there. Across the river from the place your talking about used to be open field camping. Wide open no curfews or restrictions. Upriver 6 miles from there was another one, that was the best. I think both places have closed now. Another good one was up by Compton rapids. Then there is gooney creek... we got kicked out of there a few times and the KOA or whatever it is now:lmao:

Went to Gooney Creek twice now. If you have a big group reserve the site under the bridge, its very private and its next to the creek. Went canoing with the Front Royal canoe company both times( we just loved it). Bring bungee cords to bungee your canoes together and a big cooler! Only down side to the campground is its next to a road that large trucks travel on. In the middle of the night you'll hear them roaring past as they downshift. Its not enough of a hassle to keep us away but it is a deterant if you go camping for the quite.