Camping?!

Amber84

Where is a good place to go camping? My husband and I would like to take our daughter out for her first camping trip. Being new to SOMD, I have no idea where to go. Id love some place with water to play in, fire pits, bathrooms. I don't want to rough it too much! haha Any ideas would be great! thanks :)

J

jp2854

You can go to point lookout state park there is water there.

poster

Where is a good place to go camping? My husband and I would like to take our daughter out for her first camping trip. Being new to SOMD, I have no idea where to go. Id love some place with water to play in, fire pits, bathrooms. I don't want to rough it too much! haha Any ideas would be great! thanks :)

Are you looking to stay in SOMD or travel away and how far?

A

Angel2005

My boyfriend took me for the first time last summer to Cowans Gap Pennsylvania. I was afraid at first. I loved it. They have this huge lake in the center of the moutains with childrens activities they do . They even due church on Sundays for those who still want to camp and not miss church. They are very strict. No alcohol allowed on the camp grounds. I thought that was good. Keeps the partiers away. They have very nice bathrooms, showers houses, and spring water access. I could live there. You can tent, or use trailers, and they have electricity cites.

cdb82

My friends and i usually go to Maple Tree Campground in Gapland, Md. Cabins, Tree houses and tent sites. Not to far from Hapers Ferry.

bcp

In My Opinion
Camping is Evil, it was designed by Satan in an attempt at getting people to sit around a fire (also his invention) drinking beer until they get really drunk and have sex with the woodland animals, then they sleep through church the next day due to a hangover.

are you sure you want to introduce your children to such activities?

bcp

In My Opinion
I can say i have never done that camping. Mmmm Beer....
you dont know what your missi,,,,

I mean, its a filthy practice that I heard about.
I dont camp because of the temptations that Satan puts up for us to fail.

poor little chipmonk....

IMNEMT-B

We love it at Grey's Point Campground in Topping, VA. It is the sister campground of Bethpage Campground. Both are located in the Northern Neck of VA. Grey's Point is directly down Rte 3 off of Rte. 301. It is about 2 hours from St. Mary's County. They have great pools and one is just for kids with waterslides. The bathrooms are exceptionally clean and the people are great. Website: Bethpage Camp-Resort & Grey's Point Camp

Gigi22

camping is great family fun.. Your daughter will love it.. You really meet some great people. You can make alot of great memories with children.. Just go online and you can find really nice campgrounds. RV campground reviews is a good site. (make that one word and I think you can get there)

JMA50192

We love it at Grey's Point Campground in Topping, VA. It is the sister campground of Bethpage Campground. Both are located in the Northern Neck of VA. Grey's Point is directly down Rte 3 off of Rte. 301. It is about 2 hours from St. Mary's County. They have great pools and one is just for kids with waterslides. The bathrooms are exceptionally clean and the people are great. Website: Bethpage Camp-Resort & Grey's Point Camp

Grey's Point is nice and has lots of things to do. But don't TALK after 11pm (quiet hours). The last few times I have been there we have had nothing but problems from our fellow campers calling the hosts because we were talking after 11. I can understand if we were rowdy and carrying on but we weren't. If I can't hear them in my MH how in the hell can the other people hear us. I don't go camping to go to sleep at 11:00 at night. I go to have a good time.

Bethpage on the other hand is a blast! I love the people who work there. They are some of the sweetest people. You meet so many nice famlies and you might even know a few people who are there.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

Fort Wilderness in Disney, we are there now :lol:

Okay maybe not the greatest idea for your first trip out. HOw old is your daughter? Jellystone parks are great for kids. We have been to the one in Luray and in Hagerstown.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My friends and i usually go to Maple Tree Campground in Gapland, Md. Cabins, Tree houses and tent sites. Not to far from Hapers Ferry.

Didn't some holy rollers buy that place from the hippie chick? Last time we were there we were told no alcohol...

R

RadioPatrol

you dont know what your missi,,,,

I mean, its a filthy practice that I heard about.
I dont camp because of the temptations that Satan puts up for us to fail.

poor little chipmonk....

Pencil Pecker .......... :lmao:

R

RadioPatrol

Outside Harrisonburg Va.

Duane's 4x4 Trail Page

some summer adventures yrs back