Camping

SoccerMom2

Where is a good place to take toddlers camping at? I want to go somewhere near by. We like to go on hikes and trails.

W

Wenchy

Point Lookout. It's a local treasure many don't appreciate...right in the backyard.

They have cabins, RV and tent sites. You will have to watch the little ones constantly (a given) but what a great park and many places to explore and walk.

Ray

I have camped at both and you cant go wrong with either place. PLO provides a better fishing oppurtunity.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Where is a good place to take toddlers camping at? I want to go somewhere near by. We like to go on hikes and trails.

You can also camp at Smallwood State Park! If you are going to make a habit of going into state parks look into getting the season pass. Depending upon the activities that you enjoy it can quickly pay for itself!

W

Wenchy

You can also camp at Smallwood State Park! If you are going to make a habit of going into state parks look into getting the season pass. Depending upon the activities that you enjoy it can quickly pay for itself!

True. She wants to be close to home and we don't know where home is.

Assateague is another good one, but the ponies wouldn't be a good idea with the toddlers.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
True. She wants to be close to home and we don't know where home is.

Assateague is another good one, but the ponies wouldn't be a good idea with the toddlers.

If you are out there but the ponies are too much to handle there is Shad Landing at Pocomoke River State Park. If there are thoughts of the mountains there is always Deep Creek State Park. Just bring sweats or jackets for the nighttime!

W

Wenchy

I live in Lexington Park. I don't mind driving 2 hour away. We used to go camping a lot when i was kid.

Like I said before, PLO is a treasure. If you haven't taken the tots out camping yet, it would probably be the best place to start.

On St. George's Island, there is Camp Merrylande. They have camping sites as well as very small but fully equiped cottages right on the water with private beach. You can rough it or fluff it. It's nice either way.