Camping

MarieB

We used to be avid campers when we lived in WA, and we stopped going when our oldest was born

And then we moved, had another kiddo, and moved again.

We want to eventually buy a camper, but for now we are tent camping. We have all the necessary gear - not fancy but not too basic either.

So, any advice on where to go and the best time of the year to go? I've always been partial for a real bathroom and a shower, but I'm ok for a weekend without those luxuries

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Pax has a campground if you're able to use it, close by and may work to give you a chance to get back in to it

NextJen

Raisin cane
Years ago we had a pop-up camper and enjoyed camping at Harpers Ferry KOA and Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Luray. Both of those have tent sites. They are both nice in the Fall, but Summer isn't bad either.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
where do you like to go when 'camping'

I used to go out west past Harrisonburg Va on RT 33 dig out the Topo's and start driving Fire Roads

primitive camping at its best .... but there are 'camp grounds' hidden all over not much more that a pad and a bathroom

FR 85 / 95 - 72 ... just to name a few ...

there there is Brandywine camp ground

https://plus.google.com/112450411760404174095/about?hl=en&gl=us

a little back up 33 is RT 151 and a drive to a public shooting range, if you want to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights and do some shooting

from here it is about 4 - 5 hours.

.... 301 bridge to 205 through King George
to Rt 3 through Fredricksburg
to Rt 20 out in Wilderness
to Orange and 15 to 33 or stay on 20 to Barboursville to 33

33 on through Harrisonburg - over the Mountain to Brandywine

below the site of the old Woodstock Tower is Little Fort Camp Ground

:buddies: