Can you sue your way into the W.H.?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
They can't lose, they're not involved
I was referring to the fact that if this issue isn't dealt with now, but is brought up after the DNC nomination is finalized. THEN the Republicans would file this same suit.

tommyjones

...you can sue your way to the US Senate. That's how Obama got there.

without a lawsuit, would GWB have beaten Gore? I remember some such nonsense going to the supreme court, all those on the losing side claiming a conspiracy.....

anyway, if this is actually true (the lawsuit) it will at least settle this BS once and for all.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes...

without a lawsuit, would GWB have beaten Gore? I remember some such nonsense going to the supreme court, all those on the losing side claiming a conspiracy.....

anyway, if this is actually true (the lawsuit) it will at least settle this BS once and for all.

...if you recall, he beat him. Then Gore tried to get the rules changed. So, yes he won without the lawsuit, he won with the lawsuit. He has won in every way, shape and form and recount and re-examination done, ad nauseum.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And...

Hillary Clinton doesn't have anything to do with this. It's just one of her loony supporters.

...seeings how this has nothing to do with her, maybe she'll come out today and tell this person to cut it out? Or, at least, that she'd like them to.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

Yes because it was the Gore campaign that started the lawsuits. If there were no lawsuit, it would have been Bush anyway.

...the Bush people filed the first law suit but it was in response to the Florida State Supreme court trying to make law.

tommyjones

...if you recall, he beat him. Then Gore tried to get the rules changed. So, yes he won without the lawsuit, he won with the lawsuit. He has won in every way, shape and form and recount and re-examination done, ad nauseum.

i honestly couldn't remember who was one the losing end in the intial counts, or if they were valid. But my point was that this tactic has been tried before, and at the actual "put me into the white house" level.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My point...

i honestly couldn't remember who was one the losing end in the intial counts, or if they were valid. But my point was that this tactic has been tried before, and at the actual "put me into the white house" level.

...was also that this tactic has been tried. And worked. Obama got a person who there was NO doubt as to where she was born, thrown off the ballot, ensuring his victory; the person who had the office before he took it.

Obama has proven that he would take this sort of tact. He did.

tommyjones

...was also that this tactic has been tried. And worked. Obama got a person who there was NO doubt as to where she was born, thrown off the ballot, ensuring his victory; the person who had the office before he took it.

i'm not familiar, but i'll take your word for it

R

RadioPatrol

:killingme

In the lawsuit, Berg states that Sen. Obama was born in Kenya, and not in Hawaii as the senator maintains. Before giving birth, according to the lawsuit, Obama's mother traveled to Kenya with his father but was prevented from flying back to Hawaii because of the late stage of her pregnancy, "apparently a normal restriction to avoid births during a flight." As Sen. Obama's own paternal grandmother, half-brother and half-sister have also claimed, Berg maintains that Stanley Ann Dunham--Obama's mother--gave birth to little Barack in Kenya and subsequently flew to Hawaii to register the birth.

Berg cites inconsistent accounts of Sen. Obama's birth, including reports that he was born at two separate hospitals--Kapiolani Hospital and Queens Hospital--in Honolulu, as well a profound lack of birthing records for Stanley Ann Dunham, though simple "registry of birth" records for Barack Obama are available in a Hawaiian public records office.

Should Sen. Obama truly have been born in Kenya, Berg writes, the laws on the books at the time of his birth hold that U.S. citizenship may only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and non-citizen parent if the former was at least 19 years of age. Sen. Obama's mother was only 18 at the time. Therefore, because U.S. citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama could not be registered as a "natural born" citizen and would therefore be ineligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution.

Moreover, even if Sen. Obama could have somehow been deemed "natural born," that citizenship was lost in or around 1967 when he and his mother took up residency in Indonesia, where Stanley Ann Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen. Berg also states that he possesses copies of Sen. Obama's registration to Fransiskus Assisi School In Jakarta, Indonesia which clearly show that he was registered under the name "Barry Soetoro" and his citizenship listed as Indonesian.

The Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg says, is a forgery. In the suit, the attorney states that the birth certificate on record is a forgery, has been identified as such by three independent document forensic experts, and actually belonged to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, Sen. Obama's half-sister.

:duel:

awpitt

Main Streeter

She got thrown off the ballot because of discrepancies with her petition signatures. Obama challenged the signatures and the judge agreed. He followed the rules. This was in his run for state senate not the US senate.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's...

She got thrown off the ballot because of discrepancies with her petition signatures. Obama challenged the signatures and the judge agreed. He followed the rules. This was in his run for state senate not the US senate.

...right. The woman who just had that seat for several terms decided last minute to run for it again. And he got her DQ'd. I stand an applaud the man of Hope and Change.

If he is DQ'd for not actually meeting the letter of the rules for being potus, it will be the greatest case for karma in the history of American politics.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The woman who just had that seat for several terms decided last minute to run for it again.

No she was DQ'd because she didn't meet the criteria required for haveing her name placed on the ballot. She initially decided not to run for another state senate term so she could run for a vacant congressional seat. She also endorsed Obama to suceed her in the state senate. After she lost the congressional seat to Jesse Jackson Jr, she tried to get back the nomination for the state senate seat which required her get gather signatures. Some of the signatures did not meet the criteria set by the rules. Barack pointed this out. The judge agreed thus Palmer didn't have enough sigs to get her name placed on the ballot. If she'd followed the rules, it wouldn't have been an issue.

If he is DQ'd for not actually meeting the letter of the rules for being potus, it will be the greatest case for karma in the history of American politics.
If it is PROVEN that he's been lying about his citizenship all this time, I'll be the first to cheer as he gets DQ'd.