Canadian Girl Scouts - Brownie Out Ember In

SamSpade

Stupid. They were named over a hundred years ago in reference to brownies, little elvish spirits in folklore.

I'm sure this change comes from the same kind of idiots who think a black hole is racist, and the word niggardly is an insult.

herb749

Stupid. They were named over a hundred years ago in reference to brownies, little elvish spirits in folklore.

I'm sure this change comes from the same kind of idiots who think a black hole is racist, and the word niggardly is an insult.

On to the Cleveland Embers . :yahoo:

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Geez, I feel more inclusive already!

I do find it offensive that liberals hear these terms and immediately have racist thoughts about black people. Did you ever hear the word "brownie" and think, "Oh, black people"? No. Because you're not a liberal.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Geez, I feel more inclusive already!

I do find it offensive that liberals hear these terms and immediately have racist thoughts about black people. Did you ever hear the word "brownie" and think, "Oh, black people"? No. Because you're not a liberal.
That’s it.

Hijinx

More BS coming from people who allow these "woke" ass wipes to tell them how they should feel and how they should speak.

Tell these people to go F themselves and leave the Brownies alone.

PeoplesElbow

To be fair it is an insult, just not the one that some think it is.

herb749

Don’t give them any ideas!!!
Those bastards already got Uncle Ben, Aunt Jemima and Lizzy Warren on the butter box!

I did see a story on sales being down on Pearl Milling Company products. Their reason, people are ignorant of the name change.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Nuts are another story. In all my early years I didn't hear of kids with nut allergies. Now its like every other kid.
That's because in years past, kids knew they had nut allergies and stayed away from them. Now, because one kid out of one hundred is allergic, we ban the nut instead of teaching kids to look out for themselves. We restrict all to protect the few.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
That's because in years past, kids knew they had nut allergies and stayed away from them. Now, because one kid out of one hundred is allergic, we ban the nut instead of teaching kids to look out for themselves. We restrict all to protect the few.
Growing up we played in the dirt. We got exposed to all sorts of bacterium. And zero kids were allergic to nuts. Kids today are walking around with 1/4 inch of sanitizer surrounding them. So they lack the cooties that allow them to enjoy a PB&J or a yeasty pizza dough.