unixpirate

Pitty Party
:howdy:

Attachments

• 100_05201.JPG
    100_05201.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 66

youthfootball

I was in Oakland to see the Raiders play the Broncos opening night. We rode through San Fran. and saw Candle Stick Park from this same view. AWESOME!!!

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Yea, I lived for a time over in Freemont. I doubt I would even recognise the place anymore.

First day I drove to Freemont and took the train to SF. It was less cost and drive time to go by car. :lol: I was working in Silicon Valley!

It's all changed since I was there as a kid. You would be shocked! But it's Cali! Beautiful place and beautiful people! :drool:

:lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Bring me Sees Candy and some real Sourdough Bread. :TIA: I'll pay, too. Just one loaf, please. And a box of candy. No nuts. All chocolate. :huggy:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
I was born in Oakland. Raider Nation! :yahoo:

It is a beautiful view!

Great picture.

We were in San Jose 1965-1969. Dad was stationed at Moffett. I went to Candle Stick Park to see a game once with parks and rec.
Did you live in Mountain View? My dad worked part time for Chicken Delight for awhile.

wineo

loving life
Bring me Sees Candy and some real Sourdough Bread. :TIA: I'll pay, too. Just one loaf, please. And a box of candy. No nuts. All chocolate. :huggy:

:smack:Don't be stealing my candy and I want nuts:cds::lmao:

Sourdough bread from SF:drool:

I miss SF and the coast near Jenner

Pete

Repete
First day I drove to Freemont and took the train to SF. It was less cost and drive time to go by car. :lol: I was working in Silicon Valley!

It's all changed since I was there as a kid. You would be shocked! But it's Cali! Beautiful place and beautiful people! :drool:

:lol:

It was my first duty station. I was 19 year old and from rural Georgia. It was culture shock for sure. I had never seen so many cars before in my entire life as I did the first time I got on 101 during rush hour traffic. :lol:

I kind of liked California. If you wanted anything you were within minutes of finding it anywhere. I was too young to drink so I couldn't hang at bars until the last couple years I was there. ST James was a hoot. We used to hit Colonel Lee's Mongolian BBQ once a week to try and get the Colonel demoted by eating him onto a loss on the $7 buffet. :lol: Round Table Pizza rocked as did most Pizza places out there.

Used to get $5 tickets to Candlestick for Giants games and $7 to Oakland. One time I went to MWR to get tickets to a Giants - Braves game and they were $8. The lady said they cost more because of a concert after the game. Turned out it was Jimmy Buffet and he played for 3 hours :lol:

I moved over to Freemont with some friends of my grandparents. I had never met them before so when I got out there I went to meet and visit. They were the coolest people and my roommate and I ended up going over there every weekend for a year. They had moved to CA many years before and had a HUGE house. The barracks sucked so after my first deployment they said they would be happy for us to rent rooms. It was great except for the commute across the Dumbarton Bridge and through East Palo Alto.

It was a good time.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Great picture.

We were in San Jose 1965-1969. Dad was stationed at Moffett. I went to Candle Stick Park to see a game once with parks and rec.
Did you live in Mountain View? My dad worked part time for Chicken Delight for awhile.

We left in 69. My Dad was Navy for 26 yrs. I lived all over northern California, but not Mountain View.

I remember the Chicken Delights.