Canoeing in New Jersey on Today

B

Bruzilla

Did anyone catch Michelle Konsinski's embarassing moment on the Today show? She's out in New Jersey to report on all the flooding, and they have her paddling a canoe through flooded streets. From the camera angle it looks like she's in a couple feet of water, but as she's talking two guys carrying groceries walk by between her and the camera, and the water is only about ankle deep! :lmao:

B

Bruzilla

2005-10-14-NBCToday.jpg

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I guess ya' had to be there. I don't get it. Did they "say" they were in 2 or 3 feet of water?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Cuz she was sittin in a canoe, and the water is only ankle deep... So I was implying that maybe somehow a sandbar got in themiddle of the street for them guys to walk across.... :lmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Softballkid said:
Cuz she was sittin in a canoe, and the water is only ankle deep... So I was implying that maybe somehow a sandbar got in themiddle of the street for them guys to walk across.... :lmao:

:confused:

B

Bruzilla

elaine said:
I guess ya' had to be there. I don't get it. Did they "say" they were in 2 or 3 feet of water?

No. The lead in was about how serious the flooding was in NJ, and then they cut over to Kosinski. My guess is that her and her producer figured that after seeing all the footage of real flooding in NO that people wouldn't be very impressed by seeing Kosinski standing in ankle deep water. So they had her paddling a canoe around to suggest that she's forced to resort to using a boat because the water is too deep to walk through. Then oops! her cover gets blown. :lmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Bruzilla said:
No. The lead in was about how serious the flooding was in NJ, and then they cut over to Kosinski. My guess is that her and her producer figured that after seeing all the footage of real flooding in NO that people wouldn't be very impressed by seeing Kosinski standing in ankle deep water. So they had her paddling a canoe around to suggest that she's forced to resort to using a boat because the water is too deep to walk through. Then oops! her cover gets blown. :lmao:

:rolleyes: I'm not a big fan of the media, but what was she supposed to do? Risk life and limb to bring us a story about flooding?

camily

Peace
Softballkid said:
k...nevermind....no seems to see what I was tryin to imply...sorry....
I thought it was funny to see. Obviously they were trying to say the water was pretty deep, when if fact, it was not. Funny stuff!

camily

Peace
elaine said:
:rolleyes: I'm not a big fan of the media, but what was she supposed to do? Risk life and limb to bring us a story about flooding?
Ankle deep water is no risk to life or limb. Heck, I've been in puddles deeper than that.

L

ladylara

yea - i caught it. i was laughing at the fact that her paddling sent her out of camera view for a minute or so as she tried to paddle back. but then i noticed the guys walking behind her. :killingme

mAlice

professional daydreamer
camily said:
Ankle deep water is no risk to life or limb. Heck, I've been in puddles deeper than that.

You missed my point. Much like I don't get the thread.

I got the impression bruzilla would have been happier if she was riding the canoe in rapids.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
camily said:
I thought it was funny to see. Obviously they were trying to say the water was pretty deep, when if fact, it was not. Funny stuff!

I mean, all flooding in all sucks, but dont blow a story out a preportion just to draw attention to it, or get ratings....Im glad they were made out lookin like a fool....