Caps Clinch the East

OldHillcrestGuy

Thanks to the slumping Flyers, the Caps have clinched the top spot after the Flyers loss to Buffalo tonight. LETS GO CAPS :yahoo:

Maybe some players will get a rest tomorrow night. Lets just hope the Rangers dont end up in the 8th spot, it could be a rough first round for them, they havent played very good against the Rangers the past couple of seasons.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Chances are we'll face the Carolina Hurricanes.

We could still face Buffalo but chances are less likely for that.

We could still face NY but chances are even less than the aforementioned.

In order for NY to get in, they have to win and Carolina has to lose.

If Buffalo loses and Carolina wins, we'll play Buffalo.

I like our chances against Carolina. Even though they're a divisional foe and anything can happen, we've beaten them 6 times this year. Although, most of those wins have been by one goal.

OldHillcrestGuy

Well Caps got the worse matchup they could have gotten. New York has had our number this year and Caps have never played good against there goalie Lundquist. Carolina thanks for not showing up in the first period of your game tonight.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Well Caps got the worse matchup they could have gotten. New York has had our number this year and Caps have never played good against there goalie Lundquist. Carolina thanks for not showing up in the first period of your game tonight.

Well, If it helps, Lunqvist has played 42 games in a row, and the team has to be worn down from the grind of just making the playoffs on the very last day.

Right?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Well, If it helps, Lunqvist has played 42 games in a row, and the team has to be worn down from the grind of just making the playoffs on the very last day.

Right?

Plus they're without perhaps their best player in Callahan.

I was hoping we wouldn't get the Rangers. Close battles and they'll beat us up a bit.

Peter Forsberg

New season starts now... You lace up the skates no matter what. Seperates the men for the girls (Crosby). Goodluck to all the teams.. Flyers limp into plsyoffs I'm hoping they can turn it up a notch in the playoffs. I'm really concerned about our goaltending.

BuddyLee

Football addict
New season starts now... You lace up the skates no matter what. Seperates the men for the girls (Crosby). Goodluck to all the teams.. Flyers limp into plsyoffs I'm hoping they can turn it up a notch in the playoffs. I'm really concerned about our goaltending.
See, it seemed they had half decent goal-tending earlier in the season. What the Hell happened as of late?

Baz

Plus they're without perhaps their best player in Callahan.

I was hoping we wouldn't get the Rangers. Close battles and they'll beat us up a bit.

I may have been wrong about Lundqvist playing 42 games in a row. I was repeating what I heard when watching the Rangers game, but today I heard he played 19 in a row. So who knows? Either way, he's been overworked.

And them not having Callahan is HUGE. Gaborik better wake up if the Rangers want to get out of the first round.

Baz

Happy Playoffs!!! Best time of the year! :buddies:

Is Chrissy gonna be able to play?