Caps Keep Rolling

OldHillcrestGuy

7 wins in a row, win 7-2 and no points from either Ovie or Green and only one point from Backstrom. Kind of shows what kind of firepower this team has on offense. Islanders had been playing good hockey of late. GO CAPS bring on the Ducks another really good team tomorrow night.:yahoo:

Ovie's shot sure took down that Islander, hope he is Ok, I'd say broken jaw at the least.

Wonder what Theodores problem or possible injury may be.

Shawn

Hell of a game.. also wondering about threeormore

how about erskine going scoreless for 109 games and getting one in the net?

BuddyLee

Football addict
7 wins in a row, win 7-2 and no points from either Ovie or Green and only one point from Backstrom. Kind of shows what kind of firepower this team has on offense. Islanders had been playing good hockey of late. GO CAPS bring on the Ducks another really good team tomorrow night.:yahoo:

Ovie's shot sure took down that Islander, hope he is Ok, I'd say broken jaw at the least.

Wonder what Theodores problem or possible injury may be.
I thought they were merely resting Theo for the Ducks game since this one was such a blowout.

Congrats Caps fans, first NHL team to 200 goals this season!

OldHillcrestGuy

Hell of a game.. also wondering about threeormore

Looks like he may miss a few games they are talking about maybe bringing up another sensation in goal for Hershey, hottest goalie in the American Hockey League. This team is loaded with young talent in both levels of minor league play. This team is loaded with young guys throughtout the system.:yahoo:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Anyone wanna tell me how their D is this year, huh? :tap:
No.:lol:

Their D is better, however, not solid. It will be interesting to see if they can keep this up in the playoffs. Most of their defense right now is their offense. They're a puck control team. For now, they're dominating on that front.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No.:lol:

Their D is better, however, not solid. It will be interesting to see if they can keep this up in the playoffs. Most of their defense right now is their offense. They're a puck control team. For now, they're dominating on that front.

So, 80 games of flash, two rounds of fireworks, maybe even three and then...

...thud?

BuddyLee

Football addict
So, 80 games of flash, two rounds of fireworks, maybe even three and then...

...thud?
Depends on who we draw.

Last year after the defensive seven games of NY we had to face the Pens. After seven games with the Pens the Caps just didn't have anything left in the tank and...well...they tanked.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Depends on who we draw.

Last year after the defensive seven games of NY we had to face the Pens. After seven games with the Pens the Caps just didn't have anything left in the tank and...well...they tanked.

I thought I recall that they just couldn't get stops when they needed them.

OldHillcrestGuy

They D is better then last year, team is loaded with defensemen, but could still use one big stay at home guy. Penality killing could be at bit better.

Last edited:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
Anyone wanna tell me how their D is this year, huh?

The Caps currently sport the best 5-on-5 goals for/against ratio in the league by a wide margin. The goals allowed per game is better than the likes of Anaheim Pittsburgh and Philly, and ranks right about middle of the pack in the league (14th overall). They have 4 of the top 10 players in the league in +/- rating (Ovie and Jeff Schultz and #1 & 2). So while their defensive numbers are not spectacular, they're pretty solid. And when you have an offense like theirs (currently .71 goals/game more than anyone else in the league), a 'pretty solid' defense can do just fine.

Now the goaltending....lets just hope Varly comes back after the Olympics fully healthy and can stay that way till June :buddies: