Caps Keep Rolling

Black-Francis

The Caps currently sport the best 5-on-5 goals for/against ratio in the league by a wide margin. The goals allowed per game is better than the likes of Anaheim Pittsburgh and Philly, and ranks right about middle of the pack in the league (14th overall). They have 4 of the top 10 players in the league in +/- rating (Ovie and Jeff Schultz and #1 & 2). So while their defensive numbers are not spectacular, they're pretty solid. And when you have an offense like theirs (currently .71 goals/game more than anyone else in the league), a 'pretty solid' defense can do just fine.

Now the goaltending....lets just hope Varly comes back after the Olympics fully healthy and can stay that way till June :buddies:

Does anyone else hate that they are having an Olympic break? What a momentum crusher and a chance for injuries.....

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
Does anyone else hate that they are having an Olympic break? What a momentum crusher and a chance for injuries.....

I personally love Olympic hockey. I'll watch as much of it as I can in a couple of weeks. It sucks that its such a long break, but I actually think it could be good for the Caps as well. Both Mike Green and Semyon Varlamov get to sit out and recoup for the stretch run, while Ovie, Semin, Backs, and Flash get to compete in the best tournament in the world. Not that Ovie needs anything else to drive him, but I really think that an Olympic gold medal would only wet his appetite for a significantly larger peice of hardware they hand out in late spring!

Shawn

I personally love Olympic hockey. I'll watch as much of it as I can in a couple of weeks. It sucks that its such a long break, but I actually think it could be good for the Caps as well. Both Mike Green and Semyon Varlamov get to sit out and recoup for the stretch run, while Ovie, Semin, Backs, and Flash get to compete in the best tournament in the world. Not that Ovie needs anything else to drive him, but I really think that an Olympic gold medal would only wet his appetite for a significantly larger peice of hardware they hand out in late spring!
I'm with you.. but I hate seeing all of the NHL's best players not on the team

green might need that rest.. is there an update on his status after that knee?

9 straight.. with some very convincing wins