Car Restoration?

B

baswm

I have a 66 impala that I want to restore. Can anyone recommend a good body shop that is reasonable priced and does quality work? I am hoping to get her ready for Spring 2004 after sitting under a tarp for 10+ years. :cool:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Don't know about reasonable as to price, but I have heard nothing but good about Two Guys in Leonardtown.

Best bet would be to go to a car show or car club meeting and ask there. However, the mechanic I use (who I trust) has a hotrod. He doesn't do body work at his shop, so I assume he knows people who do. His car looks great, so you may want to give him a call. Jimmy Rader's in Hughesville, 301-274-0858.

I also have a friend who's brother lives in Sunderland. Last I knew he built hotrods for a living. I can try to get in touch with her and get his number for you if you want.

B

baswm

I had work done at ABR in Solomons back in 86. The car looked good all painted but it kept cracking in the same spot where they replaced the rear quarter panel (from a bad weld?). I took it back three times and I think they just painted over it cause it always came back. Also they welded a brace in up side down so I cannot replace a rear tail light bulb without taking out the whole rear light assembly. UGH.

I have heard TONYS in Owens does good work but he is only doing insurance work now from what I heard.

Mark Guthrie in Broomes Island does good work to but he is on the pricy side. Makes it hard on a limited budget.

I might take her over to Two Guys and see if Charlie or Calvin can give me a good price. Some of the shops do not like the time to do a restoration project compared to insurance work (in and out the door quickly).

Feel free to email me if you have a good recommendation. or Post it here as well.

Thanks to all.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by Ken King
Don't know about reasonable as to price, but I have heard nothing but good about Two Guys in Leonardtown.

Two Guys does really good work but also takes forever...you can get just a good of work in less of time at another Body Shop

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Coach Craft Autobody out of St. Marys

Originally posted by CowGirlUp
Does good work, resonable price & in a resonable amount of time.
:yeahthat: very nice people too!