Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

sockgirl77

just like how do pronounce crayons?

Is it crowns?

or

Is it crayyyooons?

of course the answer to both is carmel & crowns :biggrin:

CRAYONS! That is one of my biggest pet peeves. I have to correct my own mother for saying that to my kids!

Oh and it's car-a-mel. :smile:

DEEKAYPEE8569

And then there are the two types of All. The type you put in your car engine ,and the one that means everyone !:lmao:

You reminded me of this:

A Texan travelling through Virginia stops at a gas station. The attendant comes out; puts gas in the man's car, cleans his windshield and asks, "How's y'ole?" (How's your oil?)

The Texan replies, "Just fine, thanks." "How's Y'all?" :lmao:

Another note: Y'all is singular. Just one person
ALL Y'all is plural. More than one person.

Last edited:

puggymom

My hubby and I disagree on this. I say one he says the other. He has a NY accent though so I blame that.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
This goes with all the other threads dealing with people for whom the english language is too hard to grasp. If you can't get it write, don't write and don't speak.

Yes, the misspelling was on purpose.

I write, and I speak, with respect, for the national language. Can't handle it? LEAVE.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
This goes with all the other threads dealing with people for whom the english language is too hard to grasp. If you can't get it write, don't write and don't speak.

I write, and I speak, with respect, for the national language. Can't handle it? LEAVE.

It didn't work out for the original inhabitants of this part of the world. Why should this time be any different?

PsyOps

Pixelated
This goes for all the other threads dealing with people for whom the English language is too difficult to grasp. If you can't get it write, don't write and don't speak.

I write, and I speak, with respect, <--- (comma not necessary)for the national language. Can't handle it? LEAVE.

:fixed:

Glad to help :howdy:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Carmel is a town in California. If I'm not mistaken, Clint Eastwood was once its mayor.