Cat in tree

frequentflier

happy to be living
About this time last year, a very skinny kitty started coming around and every time I saw him, I would feed him. Fast forward a year and he has been vetted, fixed, ear tipped and gets two meals a day, has a covered outdoor house with a heating pad though he prefers to live under one of our out buildings. He is a giant love bug and hugs me every time he gets on my lap. For some reason, he has no voice and cannot meow but rather makes a hiss sound.
Monday night he missed dinner and we have not seen him since. Calling for him and walking the property with no luck. This morning, I looked up and saw him 50' up a poplar with no lower branches for descent.
Put a plea on FB and Dennis Tice Jr. from Tice Electric came with a bucket truck that was a little shy of being able to reach Stripe. Our tenant had a 5' ladder on his work truck and Dennis was able to finally reach the kitty, put him in a blanket and bring him down safely. He was very hungry and has probably retreated someplace to sleep.
Shout out to Tice Electric!

frequentflier

happy to be living

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I hope he and our other cats can adjust to each other. I'd rather he be an indoor cat especially after this.
It took about 7 months for Miss Teia Honey, who was a 12 year old house feral when we adopted her. Previous owner said she did not much like or trust people (you definitely got that roadblock out of the way) and hated other cats.

Here she is with her friend Hildiekatt Halfshadow. Hildie started wanting to eat her supper near Teia every day.

It took about a year to take those mats out of Teia's fur. I swear, some of them were 2 inches think.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
There are coyotes around here and I recently saw a (small) fox.
I hope he and our other cats can adjust to each other. I'd rather he be an indoor cat especially after this.
I always thought that a fox would not bother a cat.
?