CBS Garbage Hit Piece on "Assault Weapons"

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Both are good for plinking, and the round is an excellent varmint round, it just takes some tweaking to get the rifle accurate enough to hit

Right both are excellent choices for SHTF situations and plinking, I think everyone should own one or more of both.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wow. Thanks for all the info.

Knowing full well how inaccurate the SKS is, the AK really has to suck.

When the designer made the AK he used a lot of stats. Like at what range the majority of fighting/ shooting occurs. We spent a LOT of money designing a weapon accurate out to 400 meters (M16A2), where over 90% of casuatlies and fighting come within 100 - 150 meters. The Russians built a weapon VERY cheaply that was accurate and durable for the environment it was intended. It doesn't have to drive nails at 300 meters.

R

RadioPatrol

I guess there is a wild elephant problem in Fl these days ? or are the hunting gators with them

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I guess there is a wild elephant problem in Fl these days ? or are the hunting gators with them

Don't know but I wouldn't want .50 Beowolf for either. .375 H&H is minimum recommended for dangerous game and .50 Beowolf dosen't even come close to it in muzzle energy.

I bet these things sit in the armory and collect dust until they are just phased out.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican

Don't all the circuses winter in Florida? I wouldn't put it past Simba to break tree on a peanut-induced rampage and strorm through the street of Orlando any winter now. Since it's so friggin hot from global warming, the pachyderms have gotta want to swim in the oceans as they rise from the arctic meltoff.

R

RadioPatrol

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/trZ96d59hmY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/trZ96d59hmY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

B

Bruzilla

The UZI that the gangbanger had looks like the real thing, but he's lying about it being "set to auto". Notice the ventilated barrel shroud? Those are only put on UZIs that have the 18" barrel that is the shortest legal barrel on the semi-auto guns. It doesn't do anything for accuracy or cooling, but it doesn't look as geeky as that long barrel by itself.

If that were a real selective-fire UZI, it would have the standard 10" barrel as no one makes a selective-fire UZI with an 18" barrel. Also, the selective-fire UZI fires from an open bolt, while the semi-auto fires from a closed bolt, so it's not one of these guns that you can convert to selective-fire or full-auto.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh yeah...

The UZI that the gangbanger had looks like the real thing, but he's lying about it being "set to auto". Notice the ventilated barrel shroud? Those are only put on UZIs that have the 18" barrel that is the shortest legal barrel on the semi-auto guns. It doesn't do anything for accuracy or cooling, but it doesn't look as geeky as that long barrel by itself.

If that were a real selective-fire UZI, it would have the standard 10" barrel as no one makes a selective-fire UZI with an 18" barrel. Also, the selective-fire UZI fires from an open bolt, while the semi-auto fires from a closed bolt, so it's not one of these guns that you can convert to selective-fire or full-auto.

...like all that gobledeegook makes that scary looking gun any safer for the children! Plus, the name, UZI; designed to be scary! And it's black; scary. And it looks...scary. :jameo: