Celebrity Death Pool

mitzi

He was always one who you thought was already dead but glad to find out he wasn't.

True. I was surprised he was still living. At 85, that means he was only in his 50s when he did Cocoon and the Quaker Oats commercials. He looked way up there in age back then.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
ANT...TOE...KNEE

Prince spaghetti commercial kid, Anthony Martignetti, 63

In the summer of 1969, a 12-year-old boy named Anthony Martignetti was walking through the North End with some friends when three men approached and asked for directions to Commercial Street.

It turned out the men were scouting the neighborhood for an advertising campaign for the Prince Spaghetti Company. And in the young helper, who had emigrated from Italy three years before, they found the star for their television commercial. The ad would become a phenomenon; its star, a Boston icon.

He will forever be remembered as the little boy running home to his mother through the narrow streets of the North End in the “Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti Day” commercial, which ran nationally for nearly 14 years.

Mr. Martignetti never said a word in his role, and never made much money from the experience — he bought a new set of hockey goalie pads — but it became the defining event of his life, one he cherished and protected for five decades.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Chadwick Bosemen - Black Panther dude. I don't think I've seen any of his other work, but he was awesome in the Marvel movies. Sorry to see that - especially since more Black Panther movies are on the plate.

Wakanda forever!

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/chadwick-boseman-dead-dies-black-panther-1234753232/ s

So sad.

That's terribly young for Colon Cancer, but there is a much higher incidence of it in the African American community. I hope that this will bring some additional awareness to the cause.

(colon cancer is prevalent on my father's side of the family, even though we are not African American. Awareness of this in your family history is really a first step to detection, prevention and/or a cure)

DaSDGuy

So sad.

That's terribly young for Colon Cancer, but there is a much higher incidence of it in the African American community. I hope that this will bring some additional awareness to the cause.

(colon cancer is prevalent on my father's side of the family, even though we are not African American. Awareness of this in your family history is really a first step to detection, prevention and/or a cure)
Agree. Colonoscopy at age 50 for most people, younger if it runs in the family. His was diagnosed at age 39.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Interesting fact.