Celebrity Death Pool

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My favorite Monkee. :bawl:

Vrai and I had great fun singing The Monkees song "I'm a Believer" at Karaoke at the VFW in Panama City Beach when i visited in August. Then later, I ran up and joined two mens (whom my cousin, Tim knew) when they were singing "Last Train to Clarksville". :singer: fun-fun!

HemiHauler

Mike Nesmith of the Monkeys dead at 78

Damn! We just saw Michael in NYC about six weeks ago. 161270

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mike Nesmith of the Monkeys dead at 78

Anita and I saw them on their reunion tour in the mid-80's at the baseball stadium in Omaha, NE. The opening act was Weird Al.
Heckuva good show, The guys worked the crowd and were very tight in their musicianship.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Richard Marcinko the original seal team six. The inventor of the HALO jump (jump from a couple of miles up and pop the chute at a hundred feet).
He might be dead, but I’d bet he could still kill you.

PJay

Last of WWII ‘Band of Brothers’ Officer Edward Shames Dies at 99

Just now learning of this.

Lost count how many times I have watched Band of Brothers. At the beginning of each episode Edward and others spoke. What they went through for us is unimaginable.

I wish I could have met them to thank them.

RIP

Louise

Richard Marcinko the original seal team six. The inventor of the HALO jump (jump from a couple of miles up and pop the chute at a hundred feet).
He might be dead, but I’d bet he could still kill you.

RIP, brave patriot. I wish I could have thanked him for his service. I hope he didn’t serve in vain.. God bless the USA. 🇺🇸

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Desmond Tutu, South African equality activist, dead at 90 | Fox News

JOHANNESBURG — Desmond Tutu, South Africa’s Nobel Peace Prize-winning activist for racial justice and LGBT rights and retired Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, has died, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa announced Sunday. He was 90.

An uncompromising foe of apartheid — South Africa’s brutal regime of oppression against the Black majority — Tutu worked tirelessly, though non-violently, for its downfall.

The buoyant, blunt-spoken clergyman used his pulpit as the first Black bishop of Johannesburg and later Archbishop of Cape Town as well as frequent public demonstrations to galvanize public opinion against racial inequity both at home and globally.

Grumpy

Hated him as the Raiders coach back in the day, but then I got to know him through his color broadcasting. No color commentator comes close to him in todays game, he was one of a kind. Even tho his act got old in the later years, he always brought a smile.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I couldn't stand to listen to Madden myself. Some people just sound like slobs. I never knew he was a coach. I always wondered why he was chosen to be a broadcaster. :lol: R.I.P.