Celebrity Death Pool

My dad just turned 93 and is doing terrific. His mind is still sharp as a tack. This is just one of his current projects, a balsa flying model he's had for 40 years and is just now starting to build. Active in a local ham radio group, volunteers at his assisted living facility in the memory care unit. Next month he's taking a flight from Arkansas to Charlotte, NC to see my brother for a week or so, then I'll fetch him for a week in MD with me, then up to DC for a flight back to Arkansas.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Jim Fowler, 89.

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom sidekick.

Jim Fowler, the naturalist and longtime co-host and host of the TV show Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, died Wednesday at his home in Norwalk, Connecticut, his family announced. He was 89.

Fowler, an Emmy winner for his work on the nature program, also made more than 100 appearances on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, served as a wildlife correspondent for the Today show and showed up (with a hawk) as a guest on a talk show hosted by Kramer (Michael Richards) out of his apartment on a 1997 episode of Seinfeld.

Fowler and fellow zoologist Marlin Perkins worked on Wild Kingdom starting with the pilot episode that aired on Jan. 9, 1963, through Perkins' retirement in 1985. Fowler then went it alone for a few years and returned to the show when it was revived in 2002.

Sunday evening staple

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Marlin: "We're going to film from the blind we've built while Jim heads over to neuter that lion. And remember Wild Kingdom is brought to you by Mutual Of Omaha where we insure everyone but Jim!"
That's how I remember every show.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I recall him often being barefoot. I don't know if that is a false memory or not.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Wikipedia page of Doris Day was defaced with an extremely graphic image by hackers minutes after news reports that the former actress had passed away.

The image was up for several minutes before it was removed, and some users took to Twitter to express their outrage that the page was not being properly monitored.