Censoring For Chinese Overlords

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Chinese Communist Party is really amazingly thin-skinned. (I realize this is not news to anyone.) The Party provides immense amounts of propaganda to the outside world.

It has been egregious enough that Foreign Policy noticed:

“On Twitter, Chinese diplomats have been promoting a conspiracy theory that the U.S. Army brought COVID-19 to China.”

China’s use of foreign social media was blatant enough that Twitter was acting against information-warfare accounts by August of last year:

This disclosure consists of 936 accounts originating from within the People’s Republic of China (PRC). Overall, these accounts were deliberately and specifically attempting to sow political discord in Hong Kong, including undermining the legitimacy and political positions of the protest movement on the ground. Based on our intensive investigations, we have reliable evidence to support that this is a coordinated state-backed operation. Specifically, we identified large clusters of accounts behaving in a coordinated manner to amplify messages related to the Hong Kong protests.
One specific information operation is the 五毛党 or “Fifty Cent Party,” a slang term for paid commenters. Today, Palmer Luckey, founder of Oculus, among other things, observed:

https://pjmedia.com/columns/charlie...-not-be-said-about-chinese-propaganda-n428472

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Here's What Happened When Someone Tried to Leave a Negative Amazon Review of Toilet Paper from China

A friend of mine posted this on social media:

So I’ll share a story. When all this craziness started and the run on TP began, I decided to order some safety stock of toilet paper from Amazon. I ordered a 20 pack of toilet paper.
Wait time was going to be long, but no big deal since I already had a bunch of toilet paper here. No doubt, the stuff was coming from China.
Well, it finally arrived on Saturday.
And THIS is what I got. (ETA- that’s a normal American roll of toilet paper on top. Scamming Chinese crap on the bottom)
Needless to say, I was pretty salty.

The picture of the product versus expectation says it all: