Century VZ2008 or S&W 642?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
First weapon, I'd get the .38, fairly inexpensive to shoot and easy to store.
That would be a good campanion for my Marlin 1894.

If you already own a rifle or hand gun, I'd get the one you don't own.

.... and while you're at it, pick me up a PMR-30, I'll drive down and pay you for it

antwheat

I am the Decider!
Help me decide.

I am having trouble deciding which to get first, a Century build of the VZ58 (VZ2008) or a S&W 642

Eventually I want both. The VZ2008 on J&G is about same price as 642 on buds gun shop right now.

I know about the magazine laws in MD... I'd get them in NC or VA...

Thoughts?

VZ2008
VZ2008 Sporter 7.62x39 w/ Fixed Synthetic Stock & Milled Receiver, by CAI

Smith & Wesson 642 .38 Spl+P $361.00 SHIPS FREE

Any particular reason you prefer a revolver over a semi?

dustin

UAIOE
.... and while you're at it, pick me up a PMR-30, I'll drive down and pay you for it

those PMR-30s are sick!! i shot one of those FN five-seven a while back and from what i hear its very similar. very controllable under recoil too. the 5.7 round is $$$$ though.

too bad you cant just get the PMR-30 and then get the mag from VA

those PMR-30s are sick!! i shot one of those FN five-seven a while back and from what i hear its very similar. very controllable under recoil too. the 5.7 round is $$$$ though.

too bad you cant just get the PMR-30 and then get the mag from VA

Still like my Ruger speed six double action. Shoots both .357 and .38. Had it forever. Best ammo I found was the stuff the border patrol was using down in AZ in the 80s. Wish I could remember what it was, all I know is it was .38. .357 makes a good bang, but I can't hit a can from 20'. :lol: Still what I keep it loaded with tho.