Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 46-50

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sockgirl77

See, that's just dumb. When I was pregnant with my daughter, the doc tried to talk me out of having my tubes tied because I was so young. I think once you're done having children, even if you're 21 years old and childless, you should be able to get it done.

They'll perform an abortion, but won't let you get your tubes tied. Duh.

I'm assuming it is because there are so many young women who make the irrational decision to get their tubes tied and regret it later. There is only a 30% success rate with tubal reversals. :shrug:

chemommy25

You are way too young to make a life altering decision. :yay:

I Know, I was partly kidding. It's just that I am pro-life, And If I were to get pregnant again i wouldnt get an abortion. and I'm already to young to have a kid to begin with, although I wouldn't give up motherhood for the world, I would have waited a couple more years.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Im 5 loooonnnnnggggggg years into menopause. Its been a nightmare. No wonder my mom never told me about it. Im sure had she told me how bad it was going to be, I would of put a gun to my head first. No one should have to go thru this. I think Im approaching the end because things have calmed down, as least I dont picture a meat cleaver thru husband head anymore. I guess in some countries thats a bonus. I do hear its different for everyone, so those of you still waiting, good luck with it.

sockgirl77

I Know, I was partly kidding. It's just that I am pro-life, And If I were to get pregnant again i wouldnt get an abortion. and I'm already to young to have a kid to begin with, although I wouldn't give up motherhood for the world, I would have waited a couple more years.

Hindsight is 20/20.

lkrbrady1

See, that's just dumb. When I was pregnant with my daughter, the doc tried to talk me out of having my tubes tied because I was so young. I think once you're done having children, even if you're 21 years old and childless, you should be able to get it done.

That's the same argument I had w/my doctor when I requested to have my tubes tied. Of course, I won the argument. I was 26.

Jameo

What?!

But a dude can go get fixed for whatever reason, but I can't because I'm health and don't have kids :blahblah: I dont' want any dammit! Fix me! That pisses me off! :jameo:

H

HouseCat

I had my tubes cauterized when I was 28 by a military doctor. She didn't care how old I was. My periods were absolutley horrible after that for 7-8 yrs... going on 7-9 days, stopping after 5, then starting up then stopping again by day 7-9. wierd. Doc said it was hormone adjustments. Doesn't affect everybody either.
I will be 37 soon... for 3 yrs, I've noticed a decline; Periods have gone down to 5-7 days, which was what it was before. However, there are other things I've noticed which are similiar to pre-menopausal symptoms arising here and there. Rather not mention, but its obvious that my hormone levels are declining, like they should be. Its perfectly natural too. I take Estroven to ease the symptoms, and I've been fine.

My Mom told me that she went through all kinds of hormonal changes once in her 20s due to child births of course, and in her 30s, and again in her 40s before the big change. Some women are just wired different than others I guess.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I bet. While I don't want anymore, hubby does. I could change my mind, but I haven't in the last 11 years since my daughter was born. :lol:

No, really. I have four kids now and if I could I'd have a dozen. My OB told me that after four C-sections my uterus wouldn't hold another pregnancy so the tubal was done reluctantly.

And for the record, all my children have the same father and have never been supplemented by the gov't. :yay:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
No, really. I have four kids now and if I could I'd have a dozen. My OB told me that after four C-sections my uterus wouldn't hold another pregnancy so the tubal was done reluctantly.

And for the record, all my children have the same father and have never been supplemented by the gov't. :yay:

I always wanted four kids but before we got married, hubby and I discussed how many kids we wanted. We decided it would be better to have two and be able to provide for them debt-free and have money available for unexpected things than to have four and have to juggle bills and freak if/when something expensive came up unexpectedly. But after having medical issues with my youngest, I would have stopped at two anyways. Would be a nervous wreck thinking something was wrong with #3 and #4 while pregnant.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

I wanted a lot too - good thing I didn't get "a lot" since my ex didn't want to do right by the three we had until recently! I had to have an emergency hysterectomy but they left the ovaries so I wouldn't go into menopause too young. I haven't had any symptoms yet. I'm usually cold so I said maybe the rare times when I feel comfortable in a room maybe I'm having a hot flash and don't know it! Others have assured me whenever I do have one I will know it!

KWAK

Could be. I have an appointment with the doc next month for my annual. I'll be asking all of the questions then. I really hope that I do not have to go on BC just to have periods. I also have Endometriosis and PCOS which mean that I'm going through HELL right now. I need to have my period. I already know that I'm losing my ovaries eventually. Doc said that I needed to awhile ago but I wanted children. :ohwell:

Did you get pregnant naturally with the endo and PCOS? If that's too personal to ask, just tell me to shut up - I'm just curious because I only have PCOS and had unprotected sex for 11 years (with husband only) and never got pregnant until I did IVF.

sockgirl77

Did you get pregnant naturally with the endo and PCOS? If that's too personal to ask, just tell me to shut up - I'm just curious because I only have PCOS and had unprotected sex for 11 years (with husband only) and never got pregnant until I did IVF.

Yes, and on BC. However I was not on BC while married and got pregnant 3 times and had miscarriages. :ohwell: