Chargers v. Broncos...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...when was the last karma game this delicious?

For 15 weeks the Chargers have lived with knowing they got robbed in a game, week 2, and not just a game but a game against their primary division opponent going into the season.

They stumbled and bumbled and fumed over the fumble and were never in the wild card race, all season, yet, starting yesterday at 6-8, all they needed was to win their game and the Bronco's lose theirs and, viola, they would play the last game of their regular season at home against the team that they got robbed against for the division and for the playoffs.

How good is this? :buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
The Chargers don't deserve anything. If they had won enough games they wouldn't be in this predicament. If they hadn't allowed Denver to go the length of the entire field, score, and score a two pointer this wouldn't matter.

Denver wins.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The Chargers don't deserve anything. If they had won enough games they wouldn't be in this predicament. If they hadn't allowed Denver to go the length of the entire field, score, and score a two pointer this wouldn't matter.

Denver wins.

:pete:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Did they change that game to a Sunday night one? I thought all the games were gonna be during the day but someone at work told me that game is a night game.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Did they change that game to a Sunday night one? I thought all the games were gonna be during the day but someone at work told me that game is a night game.
They moved 4 games. As BL said above, that one turned into the night game. The Ravens game and Fins-Jets were moved to 4pm...which means I'll miss the Fins because they'll both be on CBS :cds:

AFC West is horrid, who ever takes it should just resign their playoff spot.
The entire west is horrid. How can you give a spot to the NFC west either? Geez. Speaking of which, how lucky was the AFC East to play both of those divisions? Talk about 6-8 free wins. Sure, the Dolphins have had a good season...but their wins were all against their own division and the west teams.

I don't see the Chargers deserving of a playoff spot. Denver had some powerful games this season along with some boggling losses. San Diego has looked like crap almost all season. They can thank that coach of theirs, because they would probably have at least 10 wins this season with Schotty (or another half decent coach) at the helm. It's sorta like the Skins fans being in Zorn denial. Your coach sucks too.

BuddyLee

Football addict
:lol:

The Chargers actually looked like a great team last week. Unfortunately, I have pretty much lost my faith in them. I cannot understand why they are favored by 8. :shrug:
Because the Broncos look like crap too.

Because a lot of the media want San Diego to go to the playoffs becasue that's who they picked to win the AFC West.

Because nobody will be picking the Broncos due to the fact that almost everyone wants sweet revenge over one call that shouldn't have even mattered in their first match-up.

Beta84

They're out to get us

Because a lot of the media want San Diego to go to the playoffs becasue that's who they picked to win the AFC West.

Because nobody will be picking the Broncos due to the fact that almost everyone wants sweet revenge over one call that shouldn't have even mattered in their first match-up.

true. the broncos defense sucks and their offense is only a QB now that they have about 6 RBs on IR. I think they lost 2 last week...so this week they called me to start the game. The odds makers don't think Cutler can carry them against the Chargers this week.

BuddyLee

Football addict
It's sorta like the Skins fans being in Zorn denial. Your coach sucks too.
He's made some mistakes but that is to be accounted for a rookie head coach. Most Skins fans want him back next year.

Beat Dallas in Dallas. Swept Philly. Got off to a superb start but stumbled when the O-line cracked. The worst he can finish is 8-8 this season. That's not so bad for a rookie head coach when looking back at other great rookie head coach's first season records.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Should the Chargers win, they'll just disappoint me in the play-offs. I never want to be in the kind of emotional pain I was in the year they made it to the Superbowl against SF, I THINK?????? :bawl:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Should the Chargers win, they'll just disappoint me in the play-offs. I never want to be in the kind of emotional pain I was in the year they made it to the Superbowl against SF, I THINK?????? :bawl:
If they win they'll either play Baltimore, where they'll get crushed or they'll play Indianapolis where they'll have a chance.

Beta84

They're out to get us
He's made some mistakes but that is to be accounted for a rookie head coach. Most Skins fans want him back next year.

Beat Dallas in Dallas. Swept Philly. Got off to a superb start but stumbled when the O-line cracked. The worst he can finish is 8-8 this season. That's not so bad for a rookie head coach when looking back at other great rookie head coach's first season records.

8-8 is pretty disappointing when I consider the Skins to have some of the best talent in the NFL. They should have been a playoff team, without question. Zorn might turn out just fine, but there is a reason why its offensive and defensive coordinators (and college coaches) that are hired to do the job. Him being an OC for a week doesn't count. His last fulltime job was QB coach. He went from coaching 3 players to coaching a full roster. That's a drastic change of atmosphere. He's got a big learning curve ahead of him. Norv Turner at least let the Chargers go something like 12-4 or 13-3 last season before totally destroying them. He needs to be fired. Decent OC, but can't handle the big time.

The battle this weekend will be to see which team doesn't blow it. I'd expect the Chargers to win that battle only because the Broncos injuries just won't let them win the game. If they win, Shanahan should be given a medal.

Beta84

They're out to get us
If they win they'll either play Baltimore, where they'll get crushed or they'll play Indianapolis where they'll have a chance.

Indy is guaranteed the 5 seed aren't they? That would put them against the winner of the west. But maybe I'm mistaken and if they lose, Balt could jump them? Indy is hotter than Baltimore. I don't think they have a chance against either team.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
They moved 4 games. As BL said above, that one turned into the night game. The Ravens game and Fins-Jets were moved to 4pm...which means I'll miss the Fins because they'll both be on CBS :cds:

The entire west is horrid. How can you give a spot to the NFC west either? Geez. Speaking of which, how lucky was the AFC East to play both of those divisions? Talk about 6-8 free wins. Sure, the Dolphins have had a good season...but their wins were all against their own division and the west teams.

I don't see the Chargers deserving of a playoff spot. Denver had some powerful games this season along with some boggling losses. San Diego has looked like crap almost all season. They can thank that coach of theirs, because they would probably have at least 10 wins this season with Schotty (or another half decent coach) at the helm. It's sorta like the Skins fans being in Zorn denial. Your coach sucks too.

I agree the NFC west is terrible too.

BuddyLee

Football addict
8-8 is pretty disappointing when I consider the Skins to have some of the best talent in the NFL. They should have been a playoff team, without question. Zorn might turn out just fine, but there is a reason why its offensive and defensive coordinators (and college coaches) that are hired to do the job. Him being an OC for a week doesn't count. His last fulltime job was QB coach. He went from coaching 3 players to coaching a full roster. That's a drastic change of atmosphere. He's got a big learning curve ahead of him. Norv Turner at least let the Chargers go something like 12-4 or 13-3 last season before totally destroying them. He needs to be fired. Decent OC, but can't handle the big time.

The battle this weekend will be to see which team doesn't blow it. I'd expect the Chargers to win that battle only because the Broncos injuries just won't let them win the game. If they win, Shanahan should be given a medal.
I don't think they have some of the best talent and I'm a homer.

They have a newish QB learning his umpteenth system. An aged o-line that isn't what it was. A crapshoot of a receiving core. Horrible punter and kicker. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Zorn does have a huge learning curve. To have the possiblity to match last seasons record of 9-7 with a rookie head coach and entirely new system is amazing.