Chargers v. Broncos...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Indy is guaranteed the 5 seed aren't they? That would put them against the winner of the west. But maybe I'm mistaken and if they lose, Balt could jump them? Indy is hotter than Baltimore. I don't think they have a chance against either team.
Baltimore is hotter than Indy. Did you see that Dallas game?

Indy has been winning but barely. The Lions were giving them a game. Indy could easily take out the Titans or they could fall to the AFC West team.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I don't think they have some of the best talent and I'm a homer.

They have a newish QB learning his umpteenth system. An aged o-line that isn't what it was. A crapshoot of a receiving core. Horrible punter and kicker. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Zorn does have a huge learning curve. To have the possiblity to match last seasons record of 9-7 with a rookie head coach and entirely new system is amazing.
They were 9-7 last season and picked up Jason Taylor, among other players. Meanwhile the Dolphins were 1-15 last season and can finish no worse than 10-6. Then again, they hired an Offensive Line coach didn't they. Oops I just spanked my own argument! :shrug:

Baltimore is hotter than Indy. Did you see that Dallas game?

Indy has been winning but barely. The Lions were giving them a game. Indy could easily take out the Titans or they could fall to the AFC West team.

The Ravens are 8-2 in their last 10, the Colts are on something like a 9 game winning streak. But the head to head result of Ravens vs Colts? 31-3. Ouch.

donbarzini

...when was the last karma game this delicious?

For 15 weeks the Chargers have lived with knowing they got robbed in a game, week 2, and not just a game but a game against their primary division opponent going into the season.

They stumbled and bumbled and fumed over the fumble and were never in the wild card race, all season, yet, starting yesterday at 6-8, all they needed was to win their game and the Bronco's lose theirs and, viola, they would play the last game of their regular season at home against the team that they got robbed against for the division and for the playoffs.

How good is this? :buddies:

You want delicious karma? What about Jets/Dolphins(Favre/Pennington). It can be Chad's ultimate "F.U." game. To paraphrase Tom Berenger to Charlie Sheen: "This is the game you've been waiting your whole life for."

BuddyLee

Football addict
You want delicious karma? What about Jets/Dolphins(Favre/Pennington). It can be Chad's ultimate "F.U." game. To paraphrase Tom Berenger to Charlie Sheen: "This is the game you've been waiting your whole life for."
I'm more interested in that game, myself.:yay:

donbarzini

I'm more interested in that game, myself.:yay:

As a Patriot's fan, I am so torn over this game. I absolutely HATE the Jets. I also despise Brett Favre and his willingness to hold teams hostage with his "will he-or-won't he retire" attitude, so I want them to lose every game they play. Coupled with the fact that Pennington could get sweet revenge it seems right that the Dolphins should win this game. BUUUUUUUUUUT....if the Jets win, the Pats take the division and advance to the playoffs. I truly do not know who to root for.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Go Fins! I wanna see Pennington spank his old team.

As a Patriot's fan, I am so torn over this game. I absolutely HATE the Jets. I also despise Brett Favre and his willingness to hold teams hostage with his "will he-or-won't he retire" attitude, so I want them to lose every game they play. Coupled with the fact that Pennington could get sweet revenge it seems right that the Dolphins should win this game. BUUUUUUUUUUT....if the Jets win, the Pats take the division and advance to the playoffs. I truly do not know who to root for.
Are you serious? Your team ALWAYS comes first. If a Jets win gets you to the playoffs and a Dolphins win leaves your team at home for the first time in years, you root for the Jets. But by all means...root for the Fins! :yahoo:

donbarzini

Go Fins! I wanna see Pennington spank his old team.

Are you serious? Your team ALWAYS comes first. If a Jets win gets you to the playoffs and a Dolphins win leaves your team at home for the first time in years, you root for the Jets. But by all means...root for the Fins! :yahoo:

If you were a Pats fan from way back in the days of Gino Cappelletti, you would know that the hatred of the Jets is equal to the love of your team. You want the Patriots to always win as much as you want the Jets to always lose.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Crystal ball shows someone is picking the Phins for five. :lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
If you were a Pats fan from way back in the days of Gino Cappelletti, you would know that the hatred of the Jets is equal to the love of your team. You want the Patriots to always win as much as you want the Jets to always lose.

I loathe the Jets. But my #1 hatred is for FSU. No matter how much I absolutely despise that god forsaken ####hole that they call a football team, that would NEVER eclipse my love for the Gators. If FSU had to beat the #1 team in the country for my Gators to get into the title game or win the National Championship, I'm all for it. They can have their glory while my team ends up the big winner. Same rules apply. The Jets would get their 'glory' by beating Miami and probaby still missing the playoffs, but NE gets to go to the playoffs and contend for a Super Bowl. There's no comparison. The entire point of rooting for your team during the regular season is to make the playoffs. There is no reason to watch football if your primary enjoyment is watching a team lose.

T

toppick08

I loathe the Jets. But my #1 hatred is for FSU. No matter how much I absolutely despise that god forsaken ####hole that they call a football team, that would NEVER eclipse my love for the Gators. If FSU had to beat the #1 team in the country for my Gators to get into the title game or win the National Championship, I'm all for it. They can have their glory while my team ends up the big winner. Same rules apply. The Jets would get their 'glory' by beating Miami and probaby still missing the playoffs, but NE gets to go to the playoffs and contend for a Super Bowl. There's no comparison. The entire point of rooting for your team during the regular season is to make the playoffs. There is no reason to watch football if your primary enjoyment is watching a team lose.

Bobby says :howdy:

Otter

Nothing to see here
... when I consider the Skins to have some of the best talent in the NFL.

I've shaken my head over this statement all day..Offense, anemic..Defense, bend but don't break; special teams, poor on punt returns/coverage..kickoff returns/coverage average. Above average talent on the skins only amounts to Portis, Fletcher, Landry,oops edit..cooley..and maybe Moss.

To each their own..:yay:

Last edited:

Beta84

They're out to get us
I've shaken my head over this statement all day..Offense, anemic..Defense, bend but don't break; special teams, poor on punt returns/coverage..kickoff returns/coverage average. Above average talent on the skins only amounts to Portis, Fletcher, Landry,oops edit..cooley..and maybe Moss.

To each their own..:yay:

Jason Taylor!!! supposedly solid QB, good RB, supposedly solid OL, cooley, some decent WRs, solid secondary, at least one good LB in Fletcher. Dunno, not many teams have much better than that. It's at least playoff caliber :shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Jason Taylor!!! supposedly solid QB, good RB, supposedly solid OL, cooley, some decent WRs, solid secondary, at least one good LB in Fletcher. Dunno, not many teams have much better than that. It's at least playoff caliber :shrug:

:yay: your glasses are rosier than mine..:lol: