Charlotte Hall, Is Something Happening?

mitzi

I spent a lot of time in that park, good place to park and make out back in the days. Once made out with a really hot Potomac cheerleader while kind of cheating on my girlfriend. lol

We did too (not the make out part lol). A lot of my good friends lived right across the street on Oxon Run Drive. One night, a bunch of us were down there drinking. All of a sudden, the street was lined with police cars and the spotlights. We were scrambling to get up that hill in the park and out of there. We thought it was a bit overkill but they didn't care about us. A guy had robbed the donut shop on Branch Avenue and was spotted running into the park (to get over in DC).

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
We did too (not the make out part lol). A lot of my good friends lived right across the street on Oxon Run Drive. One night, a bunch of us were down there drinking. All of a sudden, the street was lined with police cars and the spotlights. We were scrambling to get up that hill in the park and out of there. We thought it was a bit overkill but they didn't care about us. A guy had robbed the donut shop on Branch Avenue and was spotted running into the park (to get over in DC).
Hi Boy Donuts?

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Thought so.

The last time we got pizza from the 51 Club on Naylor Rd my brother and I went in to get it and came out to find our Mom surronded by police cars in the parking lot. Cops had been chasing a guy in a car down Suitland Pkwy that decided to ditch the car in the parking lot and jump the fence and flee on foot.

Never went back again.

OldHillcrestGuy

I did see an interview with the parents on Fox this morning. They seem to be good people. I did a Google street map search not long ago and drove thru the entire neighborhood. This isn't a poor area, all of those houses cost money. I did a search on the rents at most of the apartments and they're high. They aren't substidized. I left in 82 because I was sick of everything being stolen. We would see cars driving thru during the day with DC tags. What does that tell you. I did hear about the shooting at the shopping center and the stabbing on the bus. Sometimes I see so much bad stuff up there, it all runs together anymore.
Did you and your brothers to to Stoddart? What street did you live on?
Me and my 2 brothers went to Green Valley, opps I think my youngest brother went to Panorama and Shuggart up behind Holy Family, they changed bounderies. He was 13 years young then me. Family moved from DC in 1952 to Hillcrest not much there then. I always say I live on the Oxon Run side of HH. Anything from Colebrook Dr toward Oxon Run I considered Oxon Run side. I lived on Eliot Pl. off 26th. Our street turned into 25th and then went all the way down to Oxon Run and the golf course. My Dad and 2 brothers are still in the same house and our street is on some of those traffic apps that let folks know about all kinds of things along different streets. Their street as no speed humps and only one stop sign before it stops at Oxon Run. Cars fly through there now, guess to miss the humps. I use to go that way going in on midnights at Greater Southeast. Im just glad I dont have to drive through there anymore. A person got shot and killed this past week up on Southern Ave by the apts that were by the golf course. Guy had just dropped someone off and was making a left turn and a car came flying by passing him on a double yellow line and they collided into each other guy passing pulled out a gun and shot him. Its gotten just plain crazy out there anymore. Teenagers shooting teenagers.

mitzi

Me and my 2 brothers went to Green Valley, opps I think my youngest brother went to Panorama and Shuggart up behind Holy Family, they changed bounderies. He was 13 years young then me. Family moved from DC in 1952 to Hillcrest not much there then. I always say I live on the Oxon Run side of HH. Anything from Colebrook Dr toward Oxon Run I considered Oxon Run side. I lived on Eliot Pl. off 26th. Our street turned into 25th and then went all the way down to Oxon Run and the golf course. My Dad and 2 brothers are still in the same house and our street is on some of those traffic apps that let folks know about all kinds of things along different streets. Their street as no speed humps and only one stop sign before it stops at Oxon Run. Cars fly through there now, guess to miss the humps. I use to go that way going in on midnights at Greater Southeast. Im just glad I dont have to drive through there anymore. A person got shot and killed this past week up on Southern Ave by the apts that were by the golf course. Guy had just dropped someone off and was making a left turn and a car came flying by passing him on a double yellow line and they collided into each other guy passing pulled out a gun and shot him. Its gotten just plain crazy out there anymore. Teenagers shooting teenagers.
We lived across the street from those apartments until I was 5. I have a picture with the apartments in the background being built. Then we moved to Dunlap Street (Holy Family was at the very top of the hill) and I went to Green Valley. Moved again and started 5th grade at Hillcrest Heights Elementary. Then we lived on 23rd Parkway. All the way at the end where you turned to onto Olson Street and Marlow Heights. Most of my friends in my teenage years were friends from Green Valley. We became friends again when we saw each other again in Jr. High. Funny we worked in the same department at GSCH but never really knew each other from working different shifts. Then I transferred to another department. Small world. It was really starting to get crazy before I left, with the drive bys and all. That was the main reason I left, that and was tired of the commute.

OldHillcrestGuy

We lived across the street from those apartments until I was 5. I have a picture with the apartments in the background being built. Then we moved to Dunlap Street (Holy Family was at the very top of the hill) and I went to Green Valley. Moved again and started 5th grade at Hillcrest Heights Elementary. Then we lived on 23rd Parkway. All the way at the end where you turned to onto Olson Street and Marlow Heights. Most of my friends in my teenage years were friends from Green Valley. We became friends again when we saw each other again in Jr. High. Funny we worked in the same department at GSCH but never really knew each other from working different shifts. Then I transferred to another department. Small world. It was really starting to get crazy before I left, with the drive bys and all. That was the main reason I left, that and was tired of the commute.

Had another 4 shot Thanksgiving Eve in the parking lot of Hillcrest Shopping Center 3 teens and a adult, no life fatal.. Knew a ton of Dunlap and Dixon people. Sister-in-law lived in the Apts at the deadend of 23rd. I may have to PM you, we have to know many of the same people, dont really want to put names out on here.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
****'s legal in Maryland now. Doesn't even have to be Medical Weed - just "Weed"

I just hope that everyone knows it's a gateway drug, and if you smoke a marijuana cigarette, you're automatically addicted to heroin..
Judge; you know Marijuana is a gateway drug?

Defendant: I didn't know!

Judge: it's a gateway to JAIL!!

mitzi

Had another 4 shot Thanksgiving Eve in the parking lot of Hillcrest Shopping Center 3 teens and a adult, no life fatal.. Knew a ton of Dunlap and Dixon people. Sister-in-law lived in the Apts at the deadend of 23rd. I may have to PM you, we have to know many of the same people, dont really want to put names out on here.

I saw about that shooting. It's fine to PM me. The others won't be bored with our posts lol.