Cheeseburger Soup

Attachments

• Schweddy Balls.jpg
    Schweddy Balls.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 69

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
With you being all frugal, and nursing you could churn up your own cheese.

does it cheese? or..umm whatever the verb is for turn to cheese..I am looking for a product to market to sicko's on the interwebs. I considered shipping the raw product, but realized that would mean I would have to pack it in dry ice..thus not being cost effective.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'll make it tonight and let you know how many real servings it makes. :yay:

But I am NOT going to put lettuce in it. Yuck.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I'll make it tonight and let you know how many real servings it makes. :yay:

But I am NOT going to put lettuce in it. Yuck.

Not a recipe to make again. I used just cheddar cheese, and it separated slightly so the consistency wasn't nice and smooth like I had expected. Perhaps if I had done a 50/50 split with cheddar and Velvet, I would have had a smoother texture.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not a recipe to make again. I used just cheddar cheese, and it separated slightly so the consistency wasn't nice and smooth like I had expected. Perhaps if I had done a 50/50 split with cheddar and Velvet, I would have had a smoother texture.

How was the flavor of it? I'm picturing runny queso with hamburger, which sounds pretty tasty.

Pete

Repete

Was it grainy? I make a cheese soup and if I get carried away and let it get too hot it separates and gets grainy.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
How was the flavor of it? I'm picturing runny queso with hamburger, which sounds pretty tasty.
Not very flavorful....it needed something to give it some "oomph".

I used a 50/50 split of sharp cheddar and mexican blend shredded cheese, and instead of using 4 diced up tomatoes, I used about 2/3 of a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes. So, even with a little Mexican flavor to it, it still lacked something.

I've made cheeseburger soup before using a different recipe and that was delicious. This recipe, not so much.

I didn't even wrap up the leftovers to save for another meal. I just dumped it out, and I HATE wasting food.....usually I can morph leftovers into another tasty meal, but I didn't think that I could salvage this into something delicious.

But that is the point of trying out new recipes....trying to find that jewel that you want to make over and over again from all the other crappy recipes out there.

lovinmaryland

Not very flavorful....it needed something to give it some "oomph".

I used a 50/50 split of sharp cheddar and mexican blend shredded cheese, and instead of using 4 diced up tomatoes, I used about 2/3 of a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes. So, even with a little Mexican flavor to it, it still lacked something.

I've made cheeseburger soup before using a different recipe and that was delicious. This recipe, not so much.

I didn't even wrap up the leftovers to save for another meal. I just dumped it out, and I HATE wasting food.....usually I can morph leftovers into another tasty meal, but I didn't think that I could salvage this into something delicious.

But that is the point of trying out new recipes....trying to find that jewel that you want to make over and over again from all the other crappy recipes out there.

I normally follow the recipe exactly for the first time and then adjust as needed. But sometimes there are some recipes that there is no amount of adjusting that would make it good. Is this one of those?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I normally follow the recipe exactly for the first time and then adjust as needed. But sometimes there are some recipes that there is no amount of adjusting that would make it good. Is this one of those?

I wouldn't make this recipe again.

I'll have to dig out the other recipe I have for cheeseburger soup - that one was a keeper! :drool:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
If you are melting cheese, don't get the already grated kind...that coating on it they put on there to keep it from sticking together and melting...keeps it from sticing together and melting :killingme resulting in a very seperated strange consistancy mess. Goes for any recipe where the cheese melts..mac and cheese, soups, what have you. Gotta get a block and grate it yourself. Turns out much better.

Hmmmm good info. Still, I'm going to try it. I'll definitely adjust it though, add some 'doctored up burger' seasonings or something....maybe worcestershire sauce annnnnnd I dunno. TBD :lol:

lovinmaryland

If you are melting cheese, don't get the already grated kind...that coating on it they put on there to keep it from sticking together and melting...keeps it from sticing together and melting :killingme resulting in a very seperated strange consistancy mess. Goes for any recipe where the cheese melts..mac and cheese, soups, what have you. Gotta get a block and grate it yourself. Turns out much better.

I agree I hate that bagged crap! Gotta be freshly grated :yay:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I was wondering what you'd change your name to once you weren't a newbie anymore. :lol:

But :pete:, I saw this episode, it looks great. :drool: Here's a 1-minute youtube recap of it to take a peek at it and feast with the eyes first..

Yeah, I decided after about 3 years here that I was no longer a Newbie and that I'm here to stay! :yahoo:

I wouldn't make this recipe again.

I'll have to dig out the other recipe I have for cheeseburger soup - that one was a keeper! :drool:

Yes, please do. I'd love to make some yummy cheeseburger soup. I think I'll make a cheeseburger pie for dinner tonight because that's what this thread is putting me in the mood for. :drool:

acommondisaster

You put the lettuce on top (cold) What does cooked/boiled/fried cabbage do to you?

It sounds like that burger casserole you do. :killingme Very good and don't ask questions. :yum:

But the lettuce starts getting hot and the smell is :barf: Not sure how it tastes because I could never get past the smell.

I love cooked/boiled/fried cabbage. Smells completely different.