Chesapeak Ranch Estates...good, bad, ugly?

Ponytail

I'm lookin' at house in that area, anybody have any info on those? Any fall down, or get condemned recently?

taxes high/low? Good area to be in?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Where's the house? There are different varieties all over the place as it's not a cookie cutter neighborhood. There are 80+ miles of roads back here, although some (not all) dead end somewhere. The main roads are paved, some of the secondary are gravel, and a few are still dirt. There's a variety in the price range of homes, size is one; another factor is, if you are waterfront to the bay. There's a lake, beaches, airpark, stables, clubhouse, etc. It seems people either love it here or they hate it. That's why I asked where the house was. In some parts the houses are close together and in others they are somewhat secluded. The same goes for yard size, depending on how many lots are platted into your deed.

Last edited:

Ponytail

I'm actually looing at quite a few homes back there. That is one thing that caught my eye though, the annual HOA fee. I'm HOPING that it is a misprint on the flyer..."$348/mo pd Annually"

$348 a month??? that's more than what I paid in RENT when I lived in Georgia! PLEASE tell me that that is actually $348 a year.

Ponytail

One house in particular is on San Angelo Court?

Directions are Rout 760 (Rousby Hall Rd) into main gate at CRE, Rt on Clubhouse Dr to Golden West, Left on San Angelo COurt, House at end of Cul-de-sac.

12675 San Angelo Ct.
Lusby, MD.

And I'm hearing some not so nice things about that area concerning crime. What's the general concensus?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I live there.
Haven't seen many problems at all.

The biggest problems I have with the place are all the kids wandering the streets when you're trying to drive somewhere because there's no sidewalk, and the fact that the speed limit is 25 mph. :angry:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ponytail
And I'm hearing some not so nice things about that area concerning crime. What's the general concensus?
Keep your gun loaded and get a BIG dog. :biggrin:

In all seriousness, most of it is street punks (juvies). I've had a few instances over the years that I've gone to court for because the little thugs expect no one to stand up to them. After a few rounds, they know better, probably because their parent gets tired of missing their minimum wage jobs for court.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of nice people in here too. There are some activities and committies you can join if you'd like.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
Keep your gun loaded and get a BIG dog. :biggrin: ...
Don't let Sharon worry ya with that comment.

She gave the same advice to someone else moving into a nursing home.

:wink: :biggrin:

Ponytail

My big bun makes up for the woosy dog.

I'd just like to avoid it if possible.

It sucks having to move. Up here, my best friend is a local police commisioned, and I went to school with alot of the local officers. I don't have ANY trouble with the little punks around here. I did, at one time, but it was taken care of VERY quickly.

Seems to be an AWEFUL lot of homes for sale in the Chesapeake Ranch Estates, it's got me curious. A couple of them are in this same cul-de-sac.

Hey Sleuth...nice website. Good school too. A buddy of mine went to Purdue for engineering too. Just graduated and is up here at Lockheed. He's a fellow jeeper. :yay:

Last edited:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
The place is a ghetto...

Just stay out of there.
Plus, what's with the stupid WESTERN names in MARYLAND???

:razz:

Ponytail

Originally posted by kwillia
Try squats and lunges.... :bubble:

If I shoot, I can pretty much gaurantee, they'll be squatting.

.44 mag with holosight. Even if I miss, more than likely their going to wet themselves. :biggrin:

J

justhangn

.44 mag with holosight. Even if I miss, more than likely their going to wet themselves. :biggrin:

The flame out of the Super RedHawk is enough to light up their life at my house. :lol:

Ponytail

Originally posted by justhangn
The flame out of the Super RedHawk is enough to light up their life at my house. :lol:

Exactly what I'm shootin. You oughta try it with the Holosight.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Originally posted by justhangn
And the sound, enough to wake everyone clear to Waterview Drive.

J

justhangn

Exactly what I'm shootin. You oughta try it with the Holosight.

Silver tips work fine.......and open sites are all I need at house distance!

Ponytail

Re: The place is a ghetto...

Originally posted by bknarw
Just stay out of there.
Plus, what's with the stupid WESTERN names in MARYLAND???

:razz:

I noticed that too. Sounds more like Mesa, Arizona or New Mexico...which once again...has me wondering. Doesn't even sound good.