Child care and summer care options?

Agilemom

Greetings All!
As I have stated before I am a transplant from the north country and I know little to nothing about the SOMD area, in fact I've never been part of a Forum either, I don't count IMGUR. :killingme

Anyway, I finally found a job (YAY!) but now I need help!

So I am needing some parents to help me find decent and reliable child care for my children. Referrals of where to go (and where not to and why) would be so appreciated. If it is sensitive please feel free to slap it in my inbox so we don't set anyone's knickers ablaze.

I have two "non athletic" children ages 12 and 9 1/2. One goes to Appeal the Other to Southern Middle. I need before and after school care 6:30-5:30 and some summer options too!

Many Thanks!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Greetings All!
As I have stated before I am a transplant from the north country and I know little to nothing about the SOMD area, in fact I've never been part of a Forum either, I don't count IMGUR. :killingme

Anyway, I finally found a job (YAY!) but now I need help!

So I am needing some parents to help me find decent and reliable child care for my children. Referrals of where to go (and where not to and why) would be so appreciated. If it is sensitive please feel free to slap it in my inbox so we don't set anyone's knickers ablaze.

I have two "non athletic" children ages 12 and 9 1/2. One goes to Appeal the Other to Southern Middle. I need before and after school care 6:30-5:30 and some summer options too!

Many Thanks!
Before and after care is available at the elementary school. We're happy with it.

Have you considered trusting the middle schooler to watch themselves?

For summer, if you (or spouse) work on base the summer camp is decent and the hours work.

Parks and Rec has summer camps, but the hours aren't great for your needs.

We're trying to figure out summer for our kids, same area and similar ages as yours.

bcp

In My Opinion
You two should get together and see if between you it would be worthwhile to hire someone to come in and care for all your children at one location. Or, switch houses each week to make it fair.

Agilemom

Before and after care is available at the elementary school. We're happy with it.

Have you considered trusting the middle schooler to watch themselves?

For summer, if you (or spouse) work on base the summer camp is decent and the hours work.

Parks and Rec has summer camps, but the hours aren't great for your needs.

We're trying to figure out summer for our kids, same area and similar ages as yours.

The middle schooler might be able to handle two hours alone, but she's adhd so I fear for my life when she's alone with a kitchen and bored; the house might not be standing when I do get home.:yikes:

My husband is on base however he works nights, and I have no way to get on base.

Someone said Adventure Point Youth Center is good for Summer needs. 11875 Hg Trueman Road Lusby, MD 20657 (410) 394-1103 I called and left a message today myself.

Good luck to you!!!

Agilemom

You two should get together and see if between you it would be worthwhile to hire someone to come in and care for all your children at one location. Or, switch houses each week to make it fair.

Not a horrible idea, but I think I need to know all the options that exist first!

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Christina White
(410) 326-2705
email:cawhite@yahoo.com
Not sure if she has any openings but she is great with kids and she lives in your area.

KCA Summer Camp -- another option for you

Not sure if you're looking for full-time care during the summer, but the school my kiddo goes to in Callaway has a great camp program. She went last year and did their sports splash and fun, soccer and cheerleading camps. Always came home with a smile! And, I liked that it had extended hours in the morning and afternoon so that I could work full-time.

Here's the info:
The King's Christian Academy
The Kings Christian Academy :: Welcome

And a link directly to their Summer Camp brochure:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4P...ZhNi00YWJkLTgyMzMtYmM3Yzg5MjA4NjJj/edit?pli=1

Best of luck to you!

Attachments

• summercampcover.jpg
    summercampcover.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: