Children are animals - and so are their parents

Christy

b*tch rocket
janey83 said:
:shrug: It was in high school, and it was in CHORUS class where all you really had to do was sing. I turned in my essay, but I wrote what I really thought -- I was honest, I didn't kiss up to her. I still passed the class, in fact, she was always really nice to me.
Why is it kids today feel that they have every right to be obnoxious and disrespectful? :confused: It's no wonder all of the decent teacher's are opting out of teaching. :rolleyes:

Pete

Repete
mrweb said:
Thats about the best approach I have ever heard of. :yay:

I must add that a senior in high school is still a little kid, particularly if one of their classmates still thinks its kewl to steal from teacher. I taught at CSM for a while, a computer course. One of their assignments incuded writing a short paper. I took off for grammer, spelling, sentance structure, syntax, etc. I was accused of being unfair because I was grading them on "English stuff" in a computer course. :bawl: I felt like accusing them of acting like little kids.
I had a college professor who got tired of fielding questions like “Do we need to know that for the test?” and “could you make the quizzes longer so if I miss one question it doesn’t hurt my GPA?” He also noted grammar and spelling errors on tests, but I don’t think he took off for them, just noted them.

He went on a mini rant about college vs. high school, responsibility and the morons murdered him on the post class critique. Because he dared ctisize them for being lazy.

Pete

Repete
And to all those wondering I got the "board of education" a couple times.

Our football coach taught history and civics too. He had a big paddle he had "E.F. Hutton" engraved on because; When E.F. Hutton talks....people listen. :roflmao:. He especially like to whack football players who he caught goofing off. :howdy:

janey83

Twenty Something
Christy said:
Why is it kids today feel that they have every right to be obnoxious and disrespectful? :confused: It's no wonder all of the decent teacher's are opting out of teaching. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Oh my LORD you make it sound like I wrote hate letters to the woman! All I did was be honest in the essay I wrote, and said the whole class shouldn't be punished when 1 or 2 people did something wrong. At the time, I was stressed out about finishing high school and getting ready for finals.

mrweb

Iron City
Pete said:
I had a college professor who got tired of fielding questions like “Do we need to know that for the test?” and “could you make the quizzes longer so if I miss one question it doesn’t hurt my GPA?” He also noted grammar and spelling errors on tests, but I don’t think he took off for them, just noted them.

He went on a mini rant about college vs. high school, responsibility and the morons murdered him on the post class critique. Because he dared ctisize them for being lazy.

My kids hated it when I asked to look over papers they wrote for school. But now they can both write very well (yes VV, at probably better than I at times. :whistle: ) Schools just don't teach strong writing skills because of the actions of the mother in the first post. Now we have young teachers who can't write themselves, let alone teach their students how to write. As proof, look at the crap some of them write on papers they send home. Even here, you can pretty much tell the age of the forumites by the way they write.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mrweb said:
Even here, you can pretty much tell the age of the forumites by the way they write.
That's because they're being taught that "hI bRiTnEy! u r 2 kewl & I luV yOu" is proper spelling and sentence structure.

Christy

b*tch rocket
janey83 said:
:rolleyes: Oh my LORD you make it sound like I wrote hate letters to the woman! All I did was be honest in the essay I wrote, and said the whole class shouldn't be punished when 1 or 2 people did something wrong. At the time, I was stressed out about finishing high school and getting ready for finals.
:banghead:

Parents really need to start teaching their children that they really have no right to say what they want, do what they want, or behave how they want, just because they are chalk full of adolescent hormones and "stressed". :rolleyes:

I imagine you were (and still are) pretty proud of yourself for "making a stand", :lmao: I do hope someday you reflect back on your "honesty" and smack yourself in the head and tell yourself "well that was really stupid."

The whole attitude with kids anymore just drives me absolutely bonkers. You're all so stinkin spoiled, you get your knickers in a knot when treated "unfairly". Life isn't fair and never will be. If you don't learn that lesson, you will be rolled right over in life.

Quite frankly, I'm all for punishing an entire group for one person's actions. It will give the rest of the group incentive to get the one reject in line. :shrug:

Christy

b*tch rocket
And Janey, please don't take this personally. My annoyance is towards the majority in your age group.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Christy said:
Quite frankly, I'm all for punishing an entire group for one person's actions. It will give the rest of the group incentive to get the one reject in line. :shrug:
They do that in the military and you can't hardly argue with the results.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
That's because they're being taught that "hI bRiTnEy! u r 2 kewl & I luV yOu" is proper spelling and sentence structure.

Prepare yourself for canuk pms :yay:

:lol:

j/k C and VJ... :lol: coulnd't resisit.

Christy

b*tch rocket
vraiblonde said:
They do that in the military and you can't hardly argue with the results.
BINGO! :yay:

I had teacher's in school that did it quite often, and you didn't want to be the one that got the class in trouble. No one got beat up, merely publicly ostracized from the group for a couple of days or so, which to a teenager is crisis. :lmao:

Ahhh, the good old days when it wasn't popular to be a :loser: :lmao: