China will retaliate with tariffs on $75 billion more of US goods and resume auto tariffs

transporter

China will retaliate with tariffs on $75 billion more of US goods and resume auto tariffs

Key Points
  • The Chinese State Council said it decided to slap tariffs ranging from 5% to 10% on $75 billion U.S. goods in two batches effective on Sep. 1 and Dec. 15.
  • It also said a 25% tariff will be imposed on U.S. cars and a 5% on auto parts and components, which will go into effect on Dec.15. China had paused these tariffs in April.
The only person in the world who didn't think China would retaliate in response to Trump's latest tariff threats was Trump.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So what, do nothing and keep feeding the PRC with cash so they can fund industrial espionage operations, build new islands in the South China Sean and make huge investments in defense (along with stolen technology)?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
So what, do nothing and keep feeding the PRC with cash so they can fund industrial espionage operations, build new islands in the South China Sean and make huge investments in defense (along with stolen technology)?
I "enjoy" the constant stream of criticism made by the OP while contributing nothing to helping the cause. Unless, of course, I misunderstand; that the OP's cause is limited to strictly Trump bashing?

Never mind, I already know the answer.

(Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out to be that the OP was actually a Trump stalwart/supporter? That all of the OP's anti-Trump's ravings were done to ensure the commitment and support of the base? A bit of reverse psychology gaming? Wouldn't that be a hoot? In fact, I just might start complimenting the OP for future anti-Trump posts on the great job being done to shore up support for the President. 👍)

--- End of line (MCP)

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

Chinese junk prices soar? Meh, I dgaf really, India and VN will be glad to fill the void to make Harbor Freight junk tools ect ect.