Chit chat Looks like a good place

Bonehead

Hard job. I know a handful of people that are still currently serving - heard some interesting stories about getting chased by pirates.
Never chased by pirates, had a close call or two in a bar or three. I always seemed to go ashore with the guy that wanted to fight after two drinks. I was with him when he messed with a Legionaire in West Africa. The Legionaire back handed the guy off a bar stool and he landed feet away. The Legionaire never even looked up from his beer.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Welcome - how are you on this fine Navy day? Lots of Navy retirees on this forum - a few retired Army and Marine Corps pukes and one Coastie.
About a decade ago I was doing some internet research for fishing reports for the SOMD region. I ended up on the forums. Some junior officer's wife got busted shop lifting in the exchange. In typical Ensign's Schumuckatelli's wife fashion, she mocked the enlisted people she had to deal with while attempting to not pay for a shirt and getting busted. Then she doubled down on how there is a vast right wing enlisted conspiracy to falsely implicated the wives of the vastly superior intelligent officers. Hilarity ensued. Mrs. Ensign was last seen in the clinic getting a 55 gallon drum of butthurt ointment.

I'd log on every few hours to see who else tore into her. From then on I was hooked. Then she figured out a way to delete her original text. Without the text, the replied didn't have the same spiciness. Later on the entire thread was deleted.

Ahhh, the good old days.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
About a decade ago I was doing some internet research for fishing reports for the SOMD region. I ended up on the forums. Some junior officer's wife got busted shop lifting in the exchange. In typical Ensign's Schumuckatelli's wife fashion, she mocked the enlisted people she had to deal with while attempting to not pay for a shirt and getting busted. Then she doubled down on how there is a vast right wing enlisted conspiracy to falsely implicated the wives of the vastly superior intelligent officers. Hilarity ensued. Mrs. Ensign was last seen in the clinic getting a 55 gallon drum of butthurt ointment.

I'd log on every few hours to see who else tore into her. From then on I was hooked. Then she figured out a way to delete her original text. Without the text, the replied didn't have the same spiciness. Later on the entire thread was deleted.

Ahhh, the good old days.
I remember that! :roflmao:

stgislander

PREMO Member

Ahhh, the good old days.
It's a shame the powers that be can't bring that one back from the dead. I could use a good laugh.

Reactions: FTS

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I remember that little incident. :lmao:
What name did you go by in those days? J/K. I guess I better put a smilie here to show that I'm not serious. But which one? :ohwell:

Another humorous story from my early forum days. I replied to someone via a PM because it didn't really involve the entire internet. We chatted and that was that. Then years later I found out who that person was. They were actually living in the apartment below me at the time of the initial contact. Someone that I interacted with on a regular basis but didn't know they were on the forums.

Chit chat seems like a good place to share this photo snag. I can’t unsee this button placement. :twitch:

Attachments

• AED1ED85-92FF-42E1-AC8F-1DA767B308AB.jpeg
    AED1ED85-92FF-42E1-AC8F-1DA767B308AB.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 60