Chris Berman and Tom Jackson......

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Are Donkeys!!!!!

Anyone else see this.

When they went to them back in the studio after the Redskins just crushed Dallas they both looked stunned and were visibly disturded. You could really tell that they had a hard time saying anthing good about the Redskins.

Tom Jackson called the victory Parcells-like. LMFAO

Gibbs: 138-76 3 Superbowl wins (16-5 in the playoffs)

Parcells: 162-121-1 2 Superbowl wins (11-7 in the playoffs)

So NO, if anything whenever Parcells wins he would be lucky to be called Gibbs like.

And all Berman kept saying was "the skins are still loking up at the G-men at 10-4"

Gimme a break, their bias was so evident.

O yeah and both gave their game balls to the Chargers, they didn't even mention the Redskins.

On another note the Dallas Mavericks Darrell Armstrong got fined $1000 last night for grabbing the mic before the game and yelling "how about them Redskins"

Last edited:

oldirtybahen

G.O.A.T.
parcells is overrated

cooley did get a cold pizza interview, and skip bilas put them 5th in his nfc power rankings. i think the skins are better off not getting any attention until the playoffs anyway. parcells gets credit because he's loud and arrogant. like bob knight getting more tv time than coach k. i hate duke, just givivg credit where its due. you see knight interviewed at least once a week but 99% of america cant spell coach k's name or even pronounce it. people like gibbs, coach k, and tony la russa are never appreciated until a generation looks at history. media needs reaction and controversy so we see the parcells and knights.

MMDad

Lem Putt
AK-74me said:
O yeah and both gave their game balls to the Chargers, they didn't even mention the Redskins.

I won't argue most of this, but the Chargers made the best team in football look like chumps. Granted, the 'skins did the same, but they weren't playing a top notch team.

Half of the teams that played this week won. Just because you are a fan doesn't mean that they deserve the game ball.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ak...

...I don't know how old you are but it was worse, much worse during Gibbs I when Jack was alive.

Everybody hated Cooke and Gibbs didn't give the networks and announcers the star power they liked with Bill Walsh and the 49ers and Parcells and Ditka and Landry and so on.

Still, shame on Boomer and TJ.

Bad form, bad form.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Speaking of power ratings, how would you rank the NFC teams?? To me, its Seattle, then a whole bunch of teams ranked 2..NFC is down, IMO..think there are 3 or 4 teams in the AFC that rip the best the NFC has to offer.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't think...

MMDad said:
I won't argue most of this, but the Chargers made the best team in football look like chumps. Granted, the 'skins did the same, but they weren't playing a top notch team.

Half of the teams that played this week won. Just because you are a fan doesn't mean that they deserve the game ball.

That's fair.

...the Colts came back late and took the lead briefly. Not exactly chump material to me and Dallas was considered a strong wild card contender. Anyone who is in the running for the playoffs is top notch because anyone in the playoffs can beat anyone else.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
MMDad said:

Well I agree that the Chargers were the story of the week, but you had to see it, the whole thing was down right ridiculous.

Larry...... I am 29 so I remember the days you speak of but I really was too young to really know how the media was treating the skins. I just really find it unprofessional of them to show their bias like that. It is one thing if you are, say Sonny and Sam and broadcasting to a local base but to be on ESPN????

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No way do I see clear AFC dominance...

otter said:
Speaking of power ratings, how would you rank the NFC teams?? To me, its Seattle, then a whole bunch of teams ranked 2..NFC is down, IMO..think there are 3 or 4 teams in the AFC that rip the best the NFC has to offer.

First off, I agree with Seatle as NFC #1. They've earned it but they are no lock over anyone else; Bears, Cats, Bucs, Giants or Skins.

The Bucs got exposed by the Pats and they never should have been in the game against us, so discount them. The Bears defense is just sick and with Grossman there's a bit of offense lurking there. I think the Giants are not as good as 10-4 and the Panthers are all over the place, like us. We had Denver, KC and San Diego. Coulda beat them all. EZ.

So, I see Seahawks, Bears, then us and I see us and the Bears as the scary ones, especially us because of what the offense CAN do, the Bears because they will sufficate you. I just don't know about Seattles defense and is Hasselback ready to TAKE the next step?

AFC, yes, Colts, but again, I don't think so much of Denver or KC. San Diego is Jekly and Hyde, might not even make the show being, possibly, the best team in the AFC other than record. Cinncy is becoming the vogue pick; Carson and a real nice offense along with a D that, while not Bear or Steeler like, is certainly capable. You cannot ignore the Pats. They should be dead and buried but they will not go away. Jacksonville is a non pick. Pittsburgh is not done yet.

Now, as far as AFC vs. NFC, the Colts have played NO ONE in the NFC and this week won't tell us anything either now that they are in injury prevention mode.

None of the AFC west teams scare me.

The Pats are FOR REAL as far as AFC goes but they lost to Carolina and beat the Atlanta Vicks.

Pitssburgh is another AFC team with no NFC resume.

I gotta still like the Colts but based on the inconsistency that I see in the season long AFC v. NFC results, nobody in the AFC gets handed the Superbowl trophy.

Maybe I'm a helpless homer but Dallas has the #9 D in the league. Portis is on a mission. Santana is un-real. Cooley is money in the bank. We go as Mark goes and yesterday was this simply little masterpiece, the kind of offense Joe Gibbs knows works in January.

Our defense has fought their guts out all year with very few breaks. Yesterday they showed the tidal wave they can be if they get a few break and the O doesn't leave the mall alone for 55 minutes.

I'm not scared of us playing anyone. I'm just scared of which offense of ours shows up; the opportunistic one or the all thumbs one.