Christian Forum

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Correct, vraiblonde, - Jesus is going to be the

I have seen various comments where participants other than myself have questioned the RCC's leadership, especially in regard to the Vatican's covering up of the misconducts of priests. Does pointing out such actions mean they are being judgmental?

Are you in agreement with everything the RCC teaches?

The only ones here who truly condemn the Roman Catholic Church are you and IS.
The lost Catholic and the false prophet.

The others are open for conversations.

Starman3000m

"To the death!"

Which, if IS and Starman had their way, many of us heathens would see rather soon. :whistle:

Not true hvp05. Directing people to Jesus, as The Way, The Truth and The Life is what we are sharing and that, according to Jesus, no one can come unto God except through Him. (John 14:6) We want you to share in that eternal life that only Christ can give!

The fact that people willingly choose to follow misguided teachings of organized religions or choose not to believe in God at all will have the consequence of God's Judgment unto eternal death. That's what we are obligated to continually warn you and others about.

The RCC is not the only religion that has deceived its followers through false teachings that have no solid basis of Truth from the Holy Bible. That is exactly why ItalianScallion and I, along with a few others, are doing what Jesus would want us to be doing and that is sharing Christ's Truth that He gave to those who sincerely want to be led by Him through the indwelling Holy Spirit of God.

The point is that there are many sincere "religious people" who are following erroneouos teachings because they are trusting in man's theology that has twisted the truth of the first-century teachings of Christ.

As for Atheists who absolutely refuse to believe that God exists and mock the faith that Jesus Christ is the Saviour of mankind - all we can say is that you have been made aware of this. If what we say is not true you have nothing to worry about. However, if it is true that God exists and that the only way to God is through accepting the Atoning Blood of Jesus to cover your faults and imperfections (sins) then He is the one you will be giving an account to.

There Is Only One Truth (John 14:6)

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
We want you to share in that eternal life that only Christ can give!
I am aware. This is not the first of your posts that I have read, nor did I start reading the Forums yesterday. :howdy:

Hopefully God/Jesus will grant me the answer to one single question before he tosses me into the burning pit: If the path to him was so narrow and strict, why are humans so diverse in mindsets, beliefs, etc.? (That's rhetorical, thank you.)

Starman3000m

I am aware. This is not the first of your posts that I have read, nor did I start reading the Forums yesterday. :howdy:

Hopefully God/Jesus will grant me the answer to one single question before he tosses me into the burning pit: If the path to him was so narrow and strict, why are humans so diverse in mindsets, beliefs, etc.? (That's rhetorical, thank you.)

God has a clever enemy who is capable of deceiving this world with all sorts of excuses of why not to believe in God and even why not to believe God (as in the case of Adam & Eve)

Misguided religions are also a great tool of Satan to keep people from placing complete faith and trust in Christ alone.

The Holy Bible contains the essential truths that all point to one narrow and exclusive Truth: Jesus Is The Answer! (John 14:6)

hvp05

God has a clever enemy who is capable of deceiving this world with all sorts of excuses of why not to believe in God and even why not to believe God (as in the case of Adam & Eve)
But, per your beliefs, Satan did not create us [with the ability to be so easily deceived], God did. If anyone actually finds the true God, it's going to be thanks to luck more than anything.

Starman3000m

But, per your beliefs, Satan did not create us [with the ability to be so easily deceived], God did. If anyone actually finds the true God, it's going to be thanks to luck more than anything.

God created mankind with free will - just as Satan had free-will when he was created by God. However, through pride Satan rebelled in an attempt to try to be better than God. Many angels (through their free will) followed - believing that Satan was capable of overpowering God.

The free will we are each given becomes a choice to make between what this world has to offer or what God has to offer. People then become deceived when they allow the world to influence their decisions instead of turning to Christ for help and guidance in their life.

One finds the True God by believing what Jesus taught regarding how to establish our relationship with Him.

Last edited:

hvp05

One finds the True God by believing what Jesus taught regarding how to establish our relationship with Him.
As I told IS last night, that is obviously MUCH easier said than done. Every preacher claims that, yet there are still so many interpretations.

Starman3000m

As I told IS last night, that is obviously MUCH easier said than done. Every preacher claims that, yet there are still so many interpretations.

Actually you are not supposed to follow the "claims" of just any preacher - that's why there are so many interpretations and misguided teachings. And, yes, it is much easier said that done because, as you know, people are told "do it this way" and others are told "do it that way".

The Truth is we are called to have a personal direct one-on-one relationship to God within our heart's desire to want to know Him. No one can do this for you except yourself! God wants you to personally and willingly desire to seek Him and then ask for His guidance - not try to find Him any other way. In fact, you don't have to go to church to find God -you just have to go to God to find Him. How do you do that? In your own words, pour out your thoughts to God and ask Him to reveal answers to the questions that you have about who He is; who Jesus is; and how to place your trust and faith in His guidance rather than anyone else. If your request is genuinely sincere, your spirit will sense the presence of God and that will be the start of establishing a relationship whereby you become His Child by the faith that you place in Him as Jesus promised.

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
(Proverbs 8:17)

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

PsyOps

Pixelated
I just figured it out. I thought maybe this would be a forum were Christians could get together.

To me, Christian and religion go together... I know there are other faiths, beliefs, or disbeliefs.... and I expected to see threads for them too.... that I could choose not to enter...

BUT.... what I found here was the Catholic Church on steroids preaching Mary Worship [like Aphrodyte] and "Pope is god" speak.

It's really dangerous in here! Guess this is a real sign of the one religion tribulation is not far away.

I'm glad 2nd Amendment and others like him are in here to keep it real and represent the Christian side in print.

I went to a church in Calvert County a few years back. The preacher had decided that she wanted to take a "new inclusive" stance about Salvation. She wanted to silence the talk that Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

I told her she was dangerous too! :coffee:

Quite honestly, as much as I may disagree with how Catholics practice their faith, or others in their theological paradigms, I don't find any of it dangerous. I am capable of filtering out what I consider to be contrary to what I believe. I do not let those thing enter my heart. Sure, I may debate them, but they no danger to me.

Starman3000m

How did one establish this relationship with Him before Jesus spread his teachings?

That's really a very good question! :yay:

The Holy Bible states that God spoke His Words audibly and directly to mankind: ie. Adam; Noah; Abraham; Moses; and through His Prophets that He sent to the people - warning them of impending dangers and pointing them to place trust in God.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
(2 Peter 1:20-21)

God uses the same method today of speaking to us through His Divine Guidance by the Power in His Words that Jesus spoke and that the first-century Disciples recorded and preached during their evangelism.

God is a Spirit (John 4:24) and He wants us to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

Last edited:

hvp05

In fact, you don't have to go to church to find God -you just have to go to God to find Him. How do you do that? In your own words, pour out your thoughts to God and ask Him to reveal answers to the questions that you have about who He is; who Jesus is; and how to place your trust and faith in His guidance rather than anyone else. If your request is genuinely sincere, your spirit will sense the presence of God and that will be the start of establishing a relationship whereby you become His Child by the faith that you place in Him as Jesus promised.
If all we have to do to 'find God' is "go to God", why do we need the Bible? Presumably, anyone and everyone who sincerely asks for God's guidance should be shown the way, with or without the book.

Let's say everyone has the advantage of having the Bible to rely upon. If what you say is correct, everyone who reads the Bible should come away with the exact same understanding. Subjectivity should not play a role; environment should not play a role; nothing else should matter as long as one is sincere. Correct?

Which raises the point: Given that there are so many interpretations of god, can it honestly be said that people truly understand what is being put before them including the consequences? You have gone day after day claiming that Catholics and most people in general do not really understand God. If that is the case, how can God banish people to hell for eternity? (You can rework that this way: How can God punish people for being sincere to themselves and following their heart, whatever that may be?)

I'm sure you have answered this elsewhere many times, but humor me, would you? :coffee:

Starman3000m

If all we have to do to 'find God' is "go to God", why do we need the Bible? Presumably, anyone and everyone who sincerely asks for God's guidance should be shown the way, with or without the book.

As mentioned, the questions to personally ask of God is to know who He is, about Jesus and about the way to establish your personal relationship with Him. This from your own genuine and sincere desire to really want to know God. That is the first step in beginning to have a spiritual relationship with God and through the guidance of His Holy Spirit He will give you the spiritual discernment to know truth from error.

As far as why need the Bible - it is a Standard of Truth Guideline that God wants all to know and abide by. It is information that the Spirit of God gave to mankind for knowledge and wisdom - not just in having a spiritual relationship with God but also in having the best relationship with others.
If all were to abide by what the Holy Bible stated, people would love God and love fellow man just as Jesus proclaimed we should.

Let's say everyone has the advantage of having the Bible to rely upon. If what you say is correct, everyone who reads the Bible should come away with the exact same understanding. Subjectivity should not play a role; environment should not play a role; nothing else should matter as long as one is sincere. Correct?

Yes! God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33) but mankind, led by Satan's deception and false teachings or misguided teachings do author confusion! The same Truth will be arrived at when a person submits to the Divine leading of God's Holy Spirit whereby it will be revealed that Jesus Christ really is the Son of God, Saviour of mankind, Lamb of God, and Messiah who will return to establish God's Peace on earth.

Which raises the point: Given that there are so many interpretations of god, can it honestly be said that people truly understand what is being put before them including the consequences? You have gone day after day claiming that Catholics and most people in general do not really understand God. If that is the case, how can God banish people to hell for eternity? (You can rework that this way: How can God punish people for being sincere to themselves and following their heart, whatever that may be?)

I'm sure you have answered this elsewhere many times, but humor me, would you? :coffee:

As mentioned, there are many false and misguided teachings that do not agree with the Standard of Truth that God gave through the writings in the Holy Bible. The Holy Bible states that people are like sheep and are easily swayed by deceptive false teachings. That is because they are choosing to believe "man" and not the spirit-led Word of God. Also, there are religions that teach there is no hell - or that Jesus was not really the Messiah and Saviour - or that there is no such thing as Satan, etc. Yet, the Gospel Message of the New Testament Jesus have been proclaimed far and wide (to you included) and it is up to you to take into consideration whether you believe what the Holy Bible states in regard to those questions or to reject what the Holy Bible states altogether. Sure, there will continue to be many diverse relgions with extra-Biblical teachings. If you are really sincere in wanting to find out, I'd suggest that you take time to study various teachings for yourself and ask God to show you which is His Truth.

Last edited:

StoneThrower

Wirelessly posted

As usual your view appears to be detached from reality. This religion forum has become a place for a few self-righteous bigots to secure that everyone is wrong except them. The Catholics certainly sent the instigators here. It's the "bible christains" who choose to attack others religions. What is funny is that you all base your opinions on false prophets like star and his "got questions" god. Accusing others of being extrabiblical all the while relying on some idiots interpretation to guide them to the "truth"

Even this thread is a good example, you decry Catholics and accuse them of the hate and deciet you are cultivating

Wow, Cut her some slack, she gave the Church of Rome world religion status. She's correct though, in not referring to it as Christian from an orthodox perspective.
Your fully entitled to your beliefs, and I can understand why you take offense, but if you do your home work and look at history you can see where the RCC has continued to go further and further off track with its manmade doctrine.

I find it amazing you can believe in the wild clams of Christianity, but can’t see the RCC taking authority over scripture, and just making things up as it goes throughout history, for its own good with regards to money and power.

As for me and my house, Ill trust the God of the Bible and his word, and not some man playing dress, up taking honor and glory for himself that he doesn’t deserve and steeling it from God.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Wow, Cut her some slack, she gave the Church of Rome world religion status. She's correct though, in not referring to it as Christian from an orthodox perspective.
Your fully entitled to your beliefs, and I can understand why you take offense, but if you do your home work and look at history you can see where the RCC has continued to go further and further off track with its manmade doctrine.

I find it amazing you can believe in the wild clams of Christianity, but can’t see the RCC taking authority over scripture, and just making things up as it goes throughout history, for its own good with regards to money and power.

As for me and my house, Ill trust the God of the Bible and his word, and not some man playing dress, up taking honor and glory for himself that he doesn’t deserve and steeling it from God.

Ah the anonymity of the internet....What should be required on this forum (call it a gentleman's agreement) is that before you disparage a particular denomination as you just did in your last sentence, you clearly state your denomination (if any), and particular church you attend. Evens the playing field a bit, no? Especially important if you are new here.

StoneThrower

Well now, aren't you just something. I think this is one thread you should have chosen never to start or enter. With comments like the above, Christians will never get together. Why don't you post something that will unite us instead of divide us?

:

Why would light want to partner with darkness? No thank you! I have no desire to align myself with a false, works based righteous system that embraces a different gospel and goes against the teachings of God’s word.

People need to hear the truth, and we don’t compromise on it we go to the mat about it! If it were a brother in the faith, and a secondary issue that’s different, but when souls are going to hell, over putting their faith in false teaching and religious behavior instead of saving faith, bring it on!

Personally my Bible warns about ear ticklers and false teachers, idolatry, calling no man father but your father in heaven. Did you ever wonder why MOST that call themselves Roman Catholic, live like the world Monday through Saturday, and half a day Sunday? It’s because they have never been born again. Many will say on that day, Lord, Lord and he will say depart from me you WORKER of iniquity!

StoneThrower

:killingme

I find it amusing when people place restrictions on a deity they claim to be all powerful

No restrictions at all, if you read God's word you can know Him and his character and nature, and God doesn’t change.

So if you know Him and his word, you can speak with authority on it, and say thus says the Lord.
But woe to those who do so falsely, or casually!

StoneThrower

"To the death!"

Which, if IS and Starman had their way, many of us heathens would see rather soon. :whistle:

No actually, he loves you enough to tell you the truth, even though he knows you don’t want to hear it and that he’s going to take heat for it.

Personally this doesn’t benefit him at all, but he's an obedient slave to his Lord that he surrendered his life to, and he's calling you to repentance and to do the same.

You havent lived until you die to self, so why havent you?

StoneThrower

How did one establish this relationship with Him before Jesus spread his teachings?

Nice avatar are you still in 8th grade? Really Dude!

To answer your question the same way we do, by putting their faith and trust in the Messiah to come and being obedient and repenting of their sin. They looked forward to their redeemer, we look back.