Christianity and Politics

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Kain99
George Bush has been very open and honest regarding his Christian Beliefs during his term in office. This past year we have faced courts who have tried to remove "Under God" from our pledge of Alligance.

There are politicians running for local office who proclaim their Christian foundation.

How do you feel about the mix? Christianity and Politics. Do the two mix? Do we want them to? Considering the current state of affairs, do we need them to?

There is a time and place for everything. Those with extreme views in any direction typically don't get elected. I'm a traditionalist, to where I don't like those who want "God" removed from our Pledge, and our money, but I also don't want the Fallwell's of the world elected to office.

demsformd

Hessian, I am going to take offense to your statment that demeaned Bill Clinton basically as the anti-Christ. You know, corruption runs on both sides of the aisle. Ken Lay? Enron? Haliburton? Republicans cozy up to special interests too.
I also get the impression that you think all Democrats are immoral. How about Newt Gingrich, his three marriages, one of which is to an intern? Tim Hutchinson? At least Bill Clinton has the courage to stay married and he does not campaign on his morals. Which is worse infidelity or hypocrisy?
Christian tyrants: how about the popes during the crusades and the Spanish Inquision? They used Christianity as a reason to murder thousands of innocent people. This is what hurts me the most about being a devote Christian: having to deal with our past, which is just a tyrannical as other religions.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by demsformd
At least Bill Clinton has the courage to stay married and he does not campaign on his morals. Which is worse infidelity or hypocrisy?

Courage? HAH! Maybe it's the worst when you combine infidelity and hypocrisy - just like Clinton!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You have to admit, Nodnarb, it DOES take courage to be married to Hillary. Wonder if he sleeps with a gun under his pillow?

K

Kain99

Republicans cozy up to special interests too.

You did not just say that!! I think Clinton did just a little more than cozy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by vraiblonde
You have to admit, Nodnarb, it DOES take courage to be married to Hillary. Wonder if he sleeps with a gun under his pillow?

Why would you think that Bill has a gun? Is it a white-trash stereotype you're working with?

Hessian

Oh? I offended Demsformd? Bill Clinton has offended and embarrased America for years. He is a pariah...a leach.

Back on subject:
None of the people or "scandals" you mentioned ended up with people getting off scot-free...they got caught, face fines, lost marriages...all for mis-deeds.

Clinton is still smirking about getting away with many indiscretions, misdeeds, and abuse of power. I don't have enough space to list all of the petty, corrupt, arrogant things he did and still does....and no, he is not the AntiChrist, it takes brains to be that.

If his religion meant anything to him...he would realize there are eternal consequences for his acts...instead he puts on his Used-Car dealer grin and mutters an insincere "God Bless you and God bless America"...how dare he call for blessing from a God who will call this nation to pay for its many sins and millions of abortions.