Christmas Karma?

Let's ask Santa [Vrai] for the return of Karma!

• Yes

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 62.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itsbob

I bowl overhand
are we customers?

I don't pay anything hehe

I suppose -some- of us are.

Think of it as a free newspaper.. They depend on the readership (customers) to sell their advertisers to buy advertisement space in the "free" newspaper.

If there were no customers (forumites) advertisers wouldn't pay to place ads in here.

To keep her forum (customer) numbers up, she'd have to appease the forumites, to have the ability to sell to advertisers.

Just like selling ad time on AM or FM radio.. you have to have the market numbers (customer base/ demographic) to be able to market your station to advertisers (revenue)

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Think of it as a free newspaper.. They depend on the readership (customers) to sell their advertisers to buy advertisement space in the "free" newspaper.

If there were no customers (forumites) advertisers wouldn't pay to place ads in here.

To keep her forum (customer) numbers up, she'd have to appease the forumites, to have the ability to sell to advertisers.

Just like selling ad time on AM or FM radio.. you have to have the market numbers (customer base/ demographic) to be able to market your station to advertisers (revenue)

Okay :lmao:

Xaquin44

eehhh

no one will leave if karma doesn't return.

bcp

In My Opinion
:yeahthat: I want hotcoffee to quit whining about karma.
just think though,
once every couple days you can give me red karma and leave a message like, "kiss my ass" or something like that, and not leave a name,
then you can feel really good because you know that this has left me curled up in a corner in the fetal position crying because somebody doesnt like me.

it has possibilities.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Lets try this to define who the customers are..

If the advertisers leave, will the forumites stop coming here? Probably not.

If the forumites stop coming here, will the advertisers leave? Most assuredly so.

So, now, who's the REAL customer?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
just think though,
once every couple days you can give me red karma and leave a message like, "kiss my ass" or something like that, and not leave a name,
then you can feel really good because you know that this has left me curled up in a corner in the fetal position crying because somebody doesnt like me.

it has possibilities.

:roflmao:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

We are not the customers. Her customers are her advertisers. If she relied on the forums for her livelihood, she'd be broke. She should care about the people who keep her in business, instead of wasting her time on forum pettiness.

Exactly.

When karma prevents her site from growing, advertisers lose interest.

Everyone's forgotten why karma was done away with. A lot of forum regulars were constantly leaving new members (who come to these forums for information) vile karma because the newbie has a life and doesn't live next to their computer and police scanner 24/7.

Vrai got rid of karma because of the actions of a lot of forum regulars. Don't blame vrai, blame them. And you all should know by now who those people are.

just think though,

it has possibilities.

All I want for Christmas is Karma! 12-01-2008 13:11 Kiss my ass... ~clevalley

At least this way you know it is from me. :huggy:

PS - I left my kramer in only the most loving Christian way since we are in the holiday season. :buddies:

bcp

In My Opinion
All I want for Christmas is Karma! 12-01-2008 13:11 Kiss my ass... ~clevalley

At least this way you know it is from me. :huggy:

PS - I left my kramer in only the most loving Christian way since we are in the holiday season. :buddies:

Was that KMA directed to me????

Ill be over in the corner if you need me.:bawl: