Christmas Menu

SailorGirl

Prime Rib? Bone in or no?
It's marked Beef Rib Ribeye Roast? I asked for prime rib and that's what the commissary cut for me with two or three ribs tied. It's like ten pounds of meat. I screwed it up so bad last year - it was tough in some places and raw in others. The cat who eats out of the dump liked it - that should tell you something.

Any suggestions - you sound like you know what you're doing.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
PREMO Member
It's marked Beef Rib Ribeye Roast? I asked for prime rib and that's what the commissary cut for me with two or three ribs tied. It's like ten pounds of meat. I screwed it up so bad last year - it was tough in some places and raw in others. The cat who eats out of the dump liked it - that should tell you something.

Any suggestions - you sound like you know what you're doing.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/240522/easy-rib-eye-roast/

^^This recipe is pretty close to what I've done in the past. Hit it with high heat for a little time, then slow and low for 1-2 hours. I think a meat thermometer is key for this. Don't open and close the oven a lot, but start checking the temp after 1 hr 20 mins.

Beef Rib Ribeye Roast is Prime Rib...technically Prime Rib is more of a marketing term, Ribeye Roast is it's actual "off brand" term and what Butchers call it.

Last edited: