Christmas Presents

fredsaid2

What did you buy your horse for Christmas? Our barn hung personalized stockings for each horse. Guess I'd better make a trip to the tack store for goodies. He does love peppermints!

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
fredsaid2 said:
What did you buy your horse for Christmas? Our barn hung personalized stockings for each horse. Guess I'd better make a trip to the tack store for goodies. He does love peppermints!

nothing yet...i feel terrible. Last few Christmases, I've done stockings with their names on them and filled them with carrots and treats and stuff. But this year, with a new baby, a barn with 6 horses, I've got no time.

D

dems4me

fredsaid2 said:

I don't have a horse but all the kitty's and the dog's is stuffed. Soo much that we'll probably have to make them all another seasonal gift receptical (stocking) for all the animals just for the surplus alone... :killingme:

W

WildHorses

fredsaid2 said:

We're braiding organic carrots with tops for everyone this year, along with bags of treats. :howdy: Last year we made special carrot and apple salads for everyone. :flowers:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Mine get apples, carrots and sugar cookies. Of course mine will eat anything you do. They think their humans...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dems4me said:
I don't have a horse but all the kitty's and the dog's is stuffed. Soo much that we'll probably have to make them all another seasonal gift receptical (stocking) for all the animals just for the surplus alone... :killingme:
Step away from the egg nog

fredsaid2

mingiz said:
Mine get apples, carrots and sugar cookies. Of course mine will eat anything you do. They think their humans...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ours too! You have his total attention if you rustle a wrapper around him :smile:

DQ2B

I always make up a batch of special horse cookies for them. They don't get any sweet grain or sugary treats any other time of the year so they practically tackle me for these things.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
fredsaid2 said:

Last year i gave my Plow Horse a few cigarrettes (without the filters of course). i have a new one this year, and he doesnt seem interested in them

W

WildHorses

SAHRAB said:
Last year i gave my Plow Horse a few cigarrettes (without the filters of course). i have a new one this year, and he doesnt seem interested in them

You might be smarter than people are giving you credit for since a pack of cigarettes, without the filters, of course, is a natural wormer -- back in the day. :howdy: Don't know if it really works, but do know people used to do it along with an onion up the butt and a beer down the throat for colic. Personally I don't do either, but know it has been done and have known people who have done it. :lmao:

WildHorses said:
an onion up the butt and a beer down the throat for colic.
I'll bet you that's what appy's hubbie is getting this year now that he has hot glued Christmas lights to all her horsey stuff..:eyebrow:

W

WildHorses

kwillia said:
I'll bet you that's what appy's hubbie is getting this year now that he has hot glued Christmas lights to all her horsey stuff..:eyebrow:
:lol: :killingme

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
WildHorses said:
....You might be smarter than people are giving you credit for....

ShHhHhH.... you'll ruin my hard work. :razz:

I need to add that to my signature lol

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
WildHorses said:
You might be smarter than people are giving you credit for since a pack of cigarettes, without the filters, of course, is a natural wormer -- back in the day. :howdy: Don't know if it really works, but do know people used to do it along with an onion up the butt and a beer down the throat for colic. Personally I don't do either, but know it has been done and have known people who have done it. :lmao:

I wondered if i'd get P.C. grief for that (especially in Anti-Smoking Maryland)

Never heard/knew the onion and beer thing, i think i'll stick with calling the Vet.

E

equineaddict

SAHRAB said:

Those weren't ciggs you gave him! Now I know why he acts that way! :smack: